Bryce McNeal Update

grunkiejr

Mentor to 007
Reaction score
This is an excerpt from a story on ESPN.com today. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=Midwest_Recruiting

A senior that did not make it to State college over the weekend was wide receiver Bryce McNeal (Minneapolis, Minn./Breck). McNeal was scheduled to make an official visit to Penn State.

"I didn't go because of a death in the family," McNeal said. "I have one more visit left. Most likely it will be to Penn State, probably Dec. 5."

The 6-foot-2 and 175-pound McNeal committed to Michigan in March, but de-committed in October. McNeal has made official visits to Colorado, Oklahoma, Minnesota and Oregon.

"I'm really considering just two of those schools, but I'm not ready to put out which two," McNeal said. "I'm going to announce my college choice Jan. 3."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for the loss in his family and I hope everyone is doing alright.

It is probably better for the Gophers that he wasn't able to make it to Penn State. I feel like seeing 105,000 people in the stadium for a big game in which they clinch the Rose Bowl could be overwhelming for a senior in high school. The fact that he said he is really only considering two schools and he said the last trip will most likely be Penn State (but not definitively) would imply to me that he is not seriously considering them. That puts it down to 50/50 on whether we are one of the two. I still feel good about our chances.

Top Bottom