Mbakwe-Sullinger

Dr.Don

Reaction score
Mbakwe: Junior. 16 pts, 12 rebs, 2 asts, 4 blks.

Sullinger: Freshman. 15 pts, 12 rebs, 1 stl.

I would say Trevor had a damned good game vs. tOSU.

I would say Trevor had a damned good game vs. tOSU.

He also stayed out of foul trouble. We would be lost without him right now. I want to start seeing Ralph and Colton get angry and play with passion. Trevor is showing the way. Guys, don't just watch him; follow his lead!

Yes he did. Sullinger is much more skilled but TM is more athletic. I was impressed with Trevor today. Not too many others on the team, but Trevor was very good.

Trevor's best game and he has had some nice ones. He put the team on his back and proved that there is a new kid in town. Nobody plays with his intensity. TERRIFYING !.

Trevor

He put up good scoring number while only getting 5 shots from the field. He worked hard and battled. Trevor was not the least bit intimidated.

Anyone know what the Gopher free throw % is for Big Ten games? Seems better.

All I know is that Trevor was 8-10 from the free throw line. That was very nice.

Edit: Roland, from ESPN's box scores, I have these stats:

FTM-FTA

UW: 11-15
MSU: 10-13
IU: 18-28
OSU: 24-27

That would put our total at 63-83 or 75.9%

Trevor's stats are great, but the Gophers are 1-3 and missed an opportunity to beat a listless Ohio State team on the road. This team just appears lost, particularly on offense where there again is no continuity. You can blame it on missing D. Joseph, but this is what it's been the last two years when the conference games start.
With what Tubby is running, they need to screen and move without the ball better. Any half court game (which is pretty much every night in the Big 10) will be a major struggle.

Listless?

OSU looked sharp to me; not listless. As for the "Lost" comment, we hear it whenever they lose. Bottom line is OSU has athletes who can shoot the ball. We have some athletes; and some guys who can shoot the ball. Loved our effort. Hope they can keep it up.

Had this game been at the Barn, we would have been the victors. Just because of the difference in the officals' calls. :(

Perhaps the biggest difference between the two:

~Mbakwe turns 22 this month

~Sullinger still just 18-years-old

That's more than 3+ years difference...which translates to a huge differential in amount of time playing, practicing, being coached properly, lifting, conditioning, training table, video sessions, etc.

There is a lot to be said for age and experience -- even though acquired in far away places like Marquette and Miami-Dade...and while sitting out last year.

There is a lot to be said for age and experience -- even though acquired in far away places like Marquette and Miami-Dade...and while sitting out last year.

What a stupid comment. He most certainly could not have improved last year, while sitting out. He was coached by Tubby Smith last year and according to about half the posters on this board, Tubby doesn't have the slightest idea what he is doing.

I thought this was the first time I've seen the gophers on the road get more calls than the home team. Now they know how we feel when we are at home and Bo Ryan is lighting up the officials and the calls start going against us.

What a stupid comment. He most certainly could not have improved last year, while sitting out. He was coached by Tubby Smith last year and according to about half the posters on this board, Tubby doesn't have the slightest idea what he is doing.

Jake,

not sure you're being sarcastic.?
:eek:

So... a redshirt season is NOT all about physical development, practicing with the team, learning team systems, improving individual skills, maturity, shoring up academics...and in Trevor's case...making the best of a rather dubious situation?:rolleyes:

And as far as the comment on Tubby not having the slightest idea what he's doing...I guess "half the gopherhole posters" would rather have Tubby leave so that we can move on to the Dan Monson ERA, 2.0:eek::eek:

didn't see the game...
but it seems like my call on Sullinger was right?
apologies accepted.
don, et al, enjoy your crow.

didn't see the game...
but it seems like my call on Sullinger was right?
apologies accepted.
don, et al, enjoy your crow.

village-idiot.jpg

Yeah, 15 and 12 is just a terrible game. I'd be embarrassed to even show up to practice the next day.

With the emergence of Mbakwe as an offensive threat, why aren't he and Hoffarber on the same side of the floor more? I understand that they have to "run" Tubby's offense, but they are the only threats on the team. It's been proven for 4 years that nobody is going to help off of Hoffarber, so Trevor should get some 1on1. If they do help, then Hoff should be open. At the very least help will come from the opposite side and somebody should be open. Or am I off-base with this?

Has anyone stopped to wonder why in tarnation Mbakwe wasn't guarding Sullinger??? Now, I can somewhat understand Mbakwe's foul trouble issues. But, he had no foul trouble in the first half, and Tubby's dumb self should've considered putting Mbakwe on Sul before it was too late. So frustrating! It was painful watching Sullinger blow right past the human two headed sloth that is Sampson/Iverson.

Top Bottom