New Bracketology (2/2)

Sweet!

I would love a 5 seed. Although, I would like to be greedy and move up to a 4 seed, just to stay out of the dreaded 5/12 match up. Illinois is a #5 seed as well, and they got stuck with St. Mary's. Ouch if that ended up happening.

The dreaded 5/12 matchup. I think we can climb to a 4 by the end of the season.

5/12 matchups are the most upsets in NCAA IMO. No stats to prove it, just an opinion. FOT or Snowman can verify, if they care to try. Both are experts. And that is a compliment, FOT and Snowman, OK?

5 teams from the SEC?

You have got to be kidding me. Horrible strength of Schedule numbers, their RPI are awful. 4 is likely and 3 are legitimate.

Maybe the rules have changed and I missed them but can OSU and Minnesota both be in the same part of a region? Two teams from the same conference that could meet in the Sweet 16? They're both listed in the upper half of the East region. I thought that rule could only be broken if 9 or more teams from one conference make the field (making it mathimatically impossible to follow that rule).

Same region

I can't say I'm 100% on this, but I'm fairly certain..

Teams from the same conference cannot face each other until the Sweet 16. The 1st/2nd round sites really do not matter in the overall tournament structure (see Duke and UNC in the same Greensboro pool of teams).

In this Bracketology...Minnesota should they win in their 2 games, they would move to the next round vs. UConn/tOSU in Boston in the regional finals pool.

Pewter is correct

Can't face a team from your own conference until the Elite 8. The exception, as Pewter pointed out, would be if a conference gets more than 8 teams in the bracket.

Lunardi needs to update our record...it's 18-3 not 17-3.

Only games against D-1 teams are counted in the RPI and by the selection committee - therefore, as far as they're concerned, we're 17-3.

5 SEC teams is a joke. There is a better chance that only 2 get in the field.

Top Bottom