Upset Saturday

overpass

Reaction score
5 ranked teams have played so far, 4 have lost already.

Colorado 89, (8) Missouri 76
West Virginia 65, (13) Georgetown 59 (road win)
Oklahoma State 76, (17) Kansas State 62
Penn State 66, (19) Michigan State 62

(4) Syracuse pulled out a close win at Seton Hall 61-56.

Looks like Pitt will probably survive, the Fightin' Jimmers are only up 7 on AFA at half.

(14) BYU will win. (11) UK is down 41-30 to UGA at half. The fantastically overrated (6) SDSU Aztecs trail 7-8 Utah 34-33 at half.

Anyone else watching UConn v. Texas? UConn deserves to lose after that full court heave with 10 seconds left on the clock. Hell of a game though.

Yeah. No idea what Roscoe Smith was doing throwing that ball away like that.

Kind of rooting for Texas.

UConn wins 82-81, on what else but a great shot from Kemba. Has to be the best game so far this year.

SDSU is going to win, UK still trails.

Why is San Diego State "fantastically overrated"? They've won all their games - you can't do better than that. There are only seven unbeaten teams in college basketball & they're rated #6. I'd say they've earned their ranking. San Diego State could make a run in the NCAA tourney this year.

#18 Central Florida (undefeated) losing by 15 at Houston early in the second.

#22 Memphis barely beats East Carolina at home 61-58.

Why is San Diego State "fantastically overrated"? They've won all their games - you can't do better than that. There are only seven unbeaten teams in college basketball & they're rated #6. I'd say they've earned their ranking. San Diego State could make a run in the NCAA tourney this year.
So are Cinci and UCF (who looks like they may lose), does that mean they're underrated?

So are Cinci and UCF (who looks like they may lose), does that mean they're underrated?

I never said those other teams were underrated. SDSU was an NCAA tourney team last year and played a good Tennessee team tough, returned all their key players and added a good new player or two. Any good preseason top-25 had SDSU in it. UC and UCF are not in the same boat as SDSU - they weren't NCAA tourney teams returning their entire team, and weren't in preseason top-25s. When you're a preseason top-25 team that goes undefeated all the way into mid-January, you're going to be rated into the top-10. There aren't many undefeated or 1-loss teams with the track record that SDSU had coming into the season - at worst they are a top-15 team.

I don't know what the heck I would call Tennessee, but probably not simply "good."

I'm not saying they shouldn't be in the top 25 or anything, but I just don't think they're top-6 worthy. I said similar things about Butler last year too though, so who knows what I know.

(18) UCF loses, no longer undefeated. (24) Vandy into OT with SCar.

edit: And Vandy loses.

Top Bottom