Anybody watching Penn State/Michigan State

97alumni

Reaction score
Penn State just pulled off the upset.

Big Ten is going to be very interesting this year.

Yep. This why you can never assume a road win the BT.

ooooo, if you're going to storm the court, make sure there's enough people there to make it look good.

ooooo, if you're going to storm the court, make sure there's enough people there to make it look good.

Good point. In the dictionary next to 'Football School' there's a PSU logo. Yikes.

LOL I thought the same thing. That arena was 3/4 empty for a BT game against one of the powerhouses. That's sad.

Extremely difficult to win on the road in the Big Ten, no matter who you're playing. Just remember that if the Gophers start 1-3, going to three of the hardest arenas to play in.

1-4? Maybe a different story.

That Penn St crowd was pathetic, kind of sad that's how much support a Big Ten school can get. I know winning on the road is tough, but I think this shows Sparty isn't THAT good this year. This being said, I really should never doubt Izzo...

Wow, I can't believe MSU lost to Penn State. Are they really that bad this year?

I didn't watch the game, but storming the court in that situation is embarrassing. Especially since I assume there were 4,000 people in the Bryce Jordan Center.

MSU is not very good this season. How many times do I need to dig on MSU before people start to believe it? Last year they were lucky to tie for the Big Ten title (they were #4 in the Big Ten in efficiency margin) and lucky to make the Final Four (only one of two teams since 1992 to make the F4 as a #3 seed or below without beating the #1 and/or #2 seed in their region ... the other team lost in the first round the following season). The loss of Raymar Morgan (one of only five players in MSU history to score 1,500+ points and record 700+ rebounds) was one that this team could not afford if they were going to give fans an encore of last season. This season MSU just doesn't have the talent in the frontcourt to win the Big Ten or make it farther than the Sweet 16 (and they're in jeopardy of missing the tourney altogether, especially if they don't get some wins against the likes of OSU, Illinois and Purdue in conference play). You can make excuses for them losing all you want, but this was not a loss that can be dismissed as due to their tough schedule or anything like that.

I agree with pretty much everything said, except I seriously doubt they miss the tourney. I can't see MSU finishing with less than 10 wins. I'm sure that will be enough to get them in, even if they don't put anyone else good besides Washington and the Gophers on their resume. Their tough non-conf schedule and reputation will carry them.

Losing Raymar was definitely bigger than anyone made it out to be.

Wow, I can't believe MSU lost to Penn State. Are they really that bad this year?

I didn't watch the game, but storming the court in that situation is embarrassing. Especially since I assume there were 4,000 people in the Bryce Jordan Center.

Lots of seniors on PSU, and they have developed quite well. Brooks has really become quite a good player, as have the others.

I agree with pretty much everything said, except I seriously doubt they miss the tourney. I can't see MSU finishing with less than 10 wins. I'm sure that will be enough to get them in, even if they don't put anyone else good besides Washington and the Gophers on their resume. Their tough non-conf schedule and reputation will carry them.

Losing Raymar was definitely bigger than anyone made it out to be.

A tough schedule when you lose almost all the games against the better teams doesn't help your resume. You've got to win your way into the field, and losing games is exactly the opposite of what gets you into the tourney, no matter who they're against or how they happen. A resume like what Illinois had last year is not going to get MSU into the tourney - Illinois was 19-14 and 10-8 in the B10 last season. MSU right now is 9-5 against FBS teams, 2-1 in the B10. Would a 18-13 or 19-13 MSU team make the NCAA tourney? I wouldn't be so sure - again, they've got to get some wins against OSU, Purdue and Illinois to make it.

Maybe we're overlooking Penn State....They did handle Indiana convincingly in Bloomington...

I watched the game, and realistically, PSU just flat out played harder, and better for the majority of the game. And it wasn't like Battle went off for 30, he actually struggled quite a bit.

When they are on their game, PSU could surprise some people like they did today.

That Penn St crowd was pathetic, kind of sad that's how much support a Big Ten school can get. I know winning on the road is tough, but I think this shows Sparty isn't THAT good this year. This being said, I really should never doubt Izzo...

Wait till Penn St starts playing Nebraska. Those should be some tremendous crowds.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom