BTN-10 best shooters - No Trent Tucker?

boston.gopher

Reaction score
I just watched what was most likely a rerun of the Big Ten Network's shown on the 10 best shooters in Big Ten history. I was shocked to not see Trent Tucker on that list anywhere. Should I have been? I hadn't even heard of Rick Mount of Purdue who came in at #1 so what do I know.

Every list, or show for that matter, on the Big Ten Network has made me question the people in charge of it.

Every list, or show for that matter, on the Big Ten Network has made me question the people in charge of it.

Haven't see the show the OP is talking about, but I agree with this statement. Most of the lists I've seen have been pretty bad.

Haven't seen it, but I'll guess at a few that are on it...

Alford.
The dude from Iowa who used to throw up 3's from half court.
Miles Tarver.

Damn, I am too old! Mount, Maravich and Murphy! Three gunners at that time.

Mount was #1, Alford was 2, and Glen Rice was 3. Also in top ten Ray Williams - IU, Calbert Cheney - IU, Shawn Respert - MS. Cant think of the rest. The bomber from Iowa who used to drain them from the parking lot was not on the list.

Remembering two more. Scott Skiles and Steve Smith from the Spartans.

Guarding Alford man-to-man had to suck. On a single possession, he'd run you through 8 screens.

I just watched what was most likely a rerun of the Big Ten Network's shown on the 10 best shooters in Big Ten history. I was shocked to not see Trent Tucker on that last anywhere. Should I have been? I hadn't even heard of Rick Mount of Purdue who came in at #1 so what do I know.

Suggest you watch "Big Ten Icons: Rick Mount" on the Big Ten Network Sunday night at 9:00 p.m. He was the real deal and deserves his #1 ranking. His numbers would be unreal if he had played in the 3-point era.

Rick Mount was as pure of a 'catch & shoot' player as possible... He'd fire up shots from all over the court. Thinking he scored 50pts a couple of times and 60 some pts once.... He did well in the ABA.

Kingsbury

I didn't catch the program, but any list that excludes Chris Kingsbury had to be compiled by a 20-something Northwestern grad.

He was the real deal and deserves his #1 ranking. His numbers would be unreal if he had played in the 3-point era.
Agreed. Mount was flat out unbelievable...it wouldn't surprise me at all if he could call how he was going to make a shot in a game (swoosh, little bit of back iron, etc).

Of course I'm joking, but only a little bit.

Tucker was not that consistent. When he was hot, he was incredible, but when off, you wished he would just pass the ball and let someone else shoot.

Top Bottom