Did Devoe gain anything by quitting in the middle of the season

Replacement Gopher

Reaction score
Will Devoe be eligible any sooner by quitting on the gophers in the middle of the season? Why not wait until the season is over? Who uses up a season of eligibility after playing in a handful of games.

Hopefully he is spending the extra time studying up on his Turkish, because I see a pro team in Ankara in his future.

(Waiting for the D-Bag to ignore the heading of my post and say "this was discussed in the 49th post of a thread 2/3s of the way down the page")

Season-ending suspension was coming

He was done either way.

Will Devoe be eligible any sooner by quitting on the gophers in the middle of the season? Why not wait until the season is over? Who uses up a season of eligibility after playing in a handful of games.

Hopefully he is spending the extra time studying up on his Turkish, because I see a pro team in Ankara in his future.

(Waiting for the D-Bag to ignore the heading of my post and say "this was discussed in the 49th post of a thread 2/3s of the way down the page")

Good stuff.

I don't know the answer to the first part, people has posted varying answers about when he will be eligible to step onto the court again. I hope the walk-on's get to split his spring semester finical scholarship.

i would say on a personal level this is probably a positive for devoe. probably not as a basketball player but if he can clear his head, finish his degree, and be a positive part of our community whether in minneapolis or wherever, i think it will be good for him.

i think from a fan's perspective we look at these situations as a direct insult to our team and our institution. the reality is sometimes it doesnt work out! i had a friend who was promoted to a lead for a marketing group in chicago, making big money, company charge accnt, etc etc. he hated the position after about 6 months. just because it had a great pay, benefits etc he was not happy and it was reflecting in his work, social life, family. he finally quit about 2 yrs after the promotion and now makes 1/4 of what he used to here in st paul but he is happy. i think this could be something similar to the devoe situation!

i wish him the best and i would like to thank him for what he did for our program while he was here!

some kids just can't take the discipline it takes to succeed in a high level program, if you think it is any easier at MSU, you are dreaming. The MSU kids work hard, compete hard and it is a physical practice every day. Devoe is probably a really nice kid, but he did not know BigTen basketball would be this tough. It has been really physically tough for forty years. it is not a finesse game in this conference in any sense of the word.

Good stuff.

I don't know the answer to the first part, people has posted varying answers about when he will be eligible to step onto the court again. I hope the walk-on's get to split his spring semester finical scholarship.

Unfortunately not.

The only poster who makes sense is Lakesgopher. Devoe did not leave because he could not "handle the toughness or discipline" or he would have left after 1 year. After leading the team to the B10 championship game, being named a B10 tourney allstar and then coming back for your junior year and not getting more than 15-20 mins/game when you are the best scorer on a team that cannot score more than 60 pts/gm you would leave too! It would be very interesting to ask all the other players if they could leave would they?? i think you'd be surprised by the answers. Ask Rajon Rondo

The only poster who makes sense is Lakesgopher. Devoe did not leave because he could not "handle the toughness or discipline" or he would have left after 1 year. After leading the team to the B10 championship game, being named a B10 tourney allstar and then coming back for your junior year and not getting more than 15-20 mins/game when you are the best scorer on a team that cannot score more than 60 pts/gm you would leave too! It would be very interesting to ask all the other players if they could leave would they?? i think you'd be surprised by the answers. Ask Rajon Rondo

+1

I don't care if he's Pete Maravich, he was suspended for the beginning of the season and he needs to earn his minutes back. Nobody should be above criticism or discipline, or else the inmates are running the asylum.

He had nothing to gain, he could have at least tried to finish out the year with the team, he is the definition of selfish.

Top Bottom