2012 Recruiting-BSM kids

killcrew

Reaction score
this team looked pretty good with these recruits. I was at the game tonight against Columbia Heights and BSM beat them by 10 pts. These kids defiently need to get some serious consideration with all the seniors next year guaduationg, iverson, sampson, would be devoe, and Mbakwe.

Isaiah Zierden- had 29 pts and was the floor general. Also played some great defense and I dont think this kid had any turnovers. his basketball IQ and shooting stroke is amazing. His mental toughness also looked good as he didnt get intiminated when Columbia Heights started adding pressure.

Sanjay Lumpkin-had 21 pts and guarded Superstar Headcase Zach Lofton mostly the whole game. Lofton which averages 35 pts a game only had 12 in the entire game and only 2 in the second half. Lumpkins defense was at its best tonight. Also his 3 pt shot is so smooth.

Kyle Washington-had a nice 6 pts off the bench. But had lots of blocks and rebounds. his shot is getting better...

this team looked pretty good with these recruits. I was at the game tonight against Columbia Heights and BSM beat them by 10 pts. These kids defiently need to get some serious consideration with all the seniors next year guaduationg, iverson, sampson, would be devoe, and Mbakwe.

Isaiah Zierden- had 29 pts and was the floor general. Also played some great defense and I dont think this kid had any turnovers. his basketball IQ and shooting stroke is amazing. His mental toughness also looked good as he didnt get intiminated when Columbia Heights started adding pressure.

Sanjay Lumpkin-had 21 pts and guarded Superstar Headcase Zach Lofton mostly the whole game. Lofton which averages 35 pts a game only had 12 in the entire game and only 2 in the second half. Lumpkins defense was at its best tonight. Also his 3 pt shot is so smooth.

Kyle Washington-had a nice 6 pts off the bench. But had lots of blocks and rebounds. his shot is getting better...

Nice report. 21 pts against a team that doesn't care a lot about defense does not make him a target. I've seen Lumpkin play 5 times this year and haven't seen enough tenacity from him. He's a streaky shooter and doesn't rebound much for a kid his size. He has D1 athleticism for sure but Big10 toughness? Not so much.

Washington on the other hand is COMPLETELY wasted playing for Benilde. The BSM head coach is a clown for bringing Washington off the bench to start Battle or Barnes. Washington I believe is a Champlin/Brooklyn Park kid. If I were him, I'd head back to CP or Park Center or Osseo or Marantha or wherever. Couple that with the fact he gets 3-4 looks a game from their PG's is ridiculous.

Oh and has anyone else noticed the BSM coach looks like Bob Lurtsuma (sp)?

well Washington defiently has much potential.

But i noticed that BSM has just got a stacked junior class with lumpkin/zierden/Washington/
and then also Will Dunn who plays for pump n run has been starting at SG and is a junior. new kid Isiah gray looks pretty good too-he plays for 43 hoops. And then a solid pg danon briggs who also plays for pump n run.

their JV team is also very solid and is loaded with talented juniors.

Zierden was outstanding last night with 21 of those 29 in the 1st half. BSM went on 2 first half runs to come from 10 and 8 down and Zierden was the man in both of those. 8 points in the last minute put BSM on top at half after it looked like Columbia Heights would hold the halftime lead despite Lofton being on the bench for the last 4+ due to 2 fouls. Then Lumpkin had 15 out of 16 BSM points in the 2nd half spurt that put the game away. Not to discredit Lumpkin's defense because he played well there, but after Lofton scored 8 points in the 1st 5 minutes, the Red Knights ran a second defender at him on the touch until they finished the game with their 1-3-1. So he had plenty of help holding Lofton in check. It was the best high school game I've seen Lumpkin play. I had Washington with 10 boards and 4 blocks to go with the 6 points. Not sure that he had more than 1 true post touch all night. I was very surprised to see Lumpkin and Washington come off the bench as well, but coach Moore has been juggling his personnel all year.

FYI if you didn't know, Lumpkin is the son of former Gopher football star in the early 90s Sean Lumpkin (who also went to Benilde). The elder Lumpkin also had a stint (about 5 years I think) in the NFL with the New Orleans Saints.

Is there any way the Gophers look at Zierden? I think that kid is a stud. I'm sure his athleticism would be question but the kid shoot the lights out and his IQ is sky-high. As someone pointed out never was rattled by pressure.

As of now I'm not a big Lumpkin fan. Haven't seen him have any interest in mixing it up. Mostly just looks to shoot 3's. You can see his potential but you can say the same thing about Rodney Williams. His production hasn't caught up to his potential yet.

As for Washington? What a joke having him come off the bench. Bet that's the chance you take when you enroll in one of those private/athletic program schools. Politics plays a big part. There were kids who couldn't play for Heights that played as much as Washington. Not to mention the shots they were taking. The Gray kid is a decent little player but he started the game shooting like it was his team. For Washington to get 3 shots against a front-line like Heights is a joke.

Is there any way the Gophers look at Zierden? I think that kid is a stud. I'm sure his athleticism would be question but the kid shoot the lights out and his IQ is sky-high. As someone pointed out never was rattled by pressure.

As for Washington? What a joke having him come off the bench. Bet that's the chance you take when you enroll in one of those private/athletic program schools. Politics plays a big part. There were kids who couldn't play for Heights that played as much as Washington. Not to mention the shots they were taking. The Gray kid is a decent little player but he started the game shooting like it was his team. For Washington to get 3 shots against a front-line like Heights is a joke.

My problem with Zierden is he is a 6'1 2 guard playing point in high school and doesn't know how to pass to anyone. Great shooter for sure though. Not sure I've noticed his IQ being so high but that can be a pretty subjective quality. He is only a junior though and that does need to be considered.

Washington is more of a 4 than a 5 which I understand but I'm guessing if Washington's dad was a former T-Wolve assistant he'd see a lot more looks inside.

Washington is more of a 4 than a 5 which I understand but I'm guessing if Washington's dad was a former T-Wolve assistant he'd see a lot more looks inside.[/QUOTE]

Or the CEO of Best Buy. Or a T-Wolves radio announcer/Lynx Assistant.

You guys going to the BSM game tomorrow at Target Center (3pm)? I need to watch the Marquette @ Pitt game on TV at 1pm, but might find a bar downtown and thrown down 90, then stop in to see the Red Knights win another one...

Thanks for sharing these reports. Always interesting.

For some reason I didn't know Sanjay is Sean Lumpkin's son. I should have put it together probably.

Sean Lumpkin was such a great defensive back for the Gophers. I can still picture some of the ridiculous plays he made in my mind.

The last guy we brought who could really shoot but was supposed to be too slow was Blake. If Zierdon can duplicate his career, I'll take it.

blake and zierden are similar in how they are great shooters.
But how they postion themselves for shoots is totally different.
Blake is more of a spot up shooter and zierden can spot up and also create his own shoot. But blake is also bigger and stronger than zierden was in highschool.
I think if we dont get paige, dont get chambers, defiently offer zierden...

You guys going to the BSM game tomorrow at Target Center (3pm)? I need to watch the Marquette @ Pitt game on TV at 1pm, but might find a bar downtown and thrown down 90, then stop in to see the Red Knights win another one...

Benilde/Onalaska should be a pretty good game, as Onalaska has one of Wisconsin's top prospects in each the 2012 and 2013 classes. Onalaska big Nick Arenz vs. Benilde's Kyle Washington should be a nice matchup.

Stop by during during game, perhaps we can reminisce about the UW/MU game. :D

The Czar put together a nice preview of the game:

http://tchoops.blogspot.com/2011/01/2011-timberwolves-shootout-preview.html

Top Bottom