Oto

TABinMO

Reaction score
We are 14 games into the season and not one word on how Oto is looking in practice! Is this guy special or just average?

We are 14 games into the season and not one word on how Oto is looking in practice! Is this guy special or just average?

Is it possible that maybe, just maybe, no one knows?

If he was absolutely crushing it, we would have heard more about him by now. I Definitely heard lots about Mbakwe last year

Would be a good question/topic for one of Myron's chats on the strib website

I suspect he has been forgotten ( along with Chris) with the drama of Devoe (off and on), Al's foot, and Mo's knee and the opening curtain call of Trevor. Drama gets the headlines.

I thought there was mention he was impressive in practice early in the year. He looked decent during the scrimmage, which means little, but still. He looks like a versatile player, who will be important for depth purposes next season.

Plus, knowing there is a 0% chance he'll play this year, probably doesn't make him an immediate media target. There were hopes throughout last year that Trevor would get on the court, so there was more focus on him.

Regardless how he has looked so far, he will have a whole semester to stay on top of academics and improve his game immensely practicing against and with the current playing team. I can't wait to see him on the floor next year.

Does anyone know...because he was only a partial qualifier...is this considered a redshirt year?

Nope. They're burning a year of eligibility for the lulz.

If that's true and he won't get this year back, he might as well get suited up on gameday since they only have 10 dressing now without the Canadians. Or is that not allowed b/c of partial qualifier status?

If that's true and he won't get this year back, he might as well get suited up on gameday since they only have 10 dressing now without the Canadians. Or is that not allowed b/c of partial qualifier status?

There is no such thing as a partial qualifier. He is a nonqualifer, but received a partial waiver and can practice this year, but not compete. He'll officially have 3 years of eligibility remaining beginning in the fall, however he can earn back a 4th year after completing his 4th year of school.

There is no such thing as a partial qualifier. He is a nonqualifer, but received a partial waiver and can practice this year, but not compete. He'll officially have 3 years of eligibility remaining beginning in the fall, however he can earn back a 4th year after completing his 4th year of school.

Thanks! Lets hope he does his school work and gets that 4th year...I like his size and his supposed ability to shoot outside the arc to create match up problems...much like the ones we face now.

GW-

Can either nonqualifer's or redshirts transfer to another school without sitting out a year? I'm asking more for general knoledge than Oto.

I believe this is Prop 48 or whatever they call it now.

The last Gopher athlete I'm aware of in this similar situation now pitches in the Twins bullpen.

Thanks! Lets hope he does his school work and gets that 4th year...I like his size and his supposed ability to shoot outside the arc to create match up problems...much like the ones we face now.

He'll be 21 next December. I doubt he stays in school until he's 25 (for that 4th year).

Top Bottom