Why We love Gopher Basketball

I second that. Can't even imagine trying to get through Minnesota winters without my annual 18-20 trips to Williams Arena. Even with all the off-court drama of the last two seasons -- whether the Gophs are winning or losing -- Gopher/Big Ten basketball is the only thing that keeps me sane during the state's most brutal months.

I wish I could join you at the Barn for Gopher Basketball. I'm a "fan" and that doesn't change win or lose. It's college basketball and that's why they play the game.

SS -- I completely agree, well stated. Unfortunately, it may soon not be enough for me and mine.

I second that. Can't even imagine trying to get through Minnesota winters without my annual 18-20 trips to Williams Arena. Even with all the off-court drama of the last two seasons -- whether the Gophs are winning or losing -- Gopher/Big Ten basketball is the only thing that keeps me sane during the state's most brutal months.

Gopher hoops is one of the main reasons why my Dad says that he and my Mom will never retire in the winter elsewhere.

Go Gophers!!

The column is perfect. Not sure what I would do without Gopher basketball. Definitely made my college decision easy anyways.

Wow - I feel so flattered and honored that you even remembered my little 'ol blog.

Anytime I feel frustrated, I do just think about how lucky we are - as I was almost rear-ending people to get to the game on Tuesday - I was reminded of all of those who don't get the luxury of going to every game, and many, who can't even watch the games.

I don't really post very much but I read this board at least once every day and I think this is probably the best thread I have read in a very young 2011. Thank you for reminding us all why we all read and post on this board, that is that win or lose we all love gopher basketball.

Top Bottom