PSU

book

Reaction score
Watching PSU vs. Purdue. Purdue not looking that great and what a crowd at Penn State - looks like about 3000 or so!

Watching PSU vs. Purdue. Purdue not looking that great and what a crowd at Penn State - looks like about 3000 or so!

Yeah I noticed that too...it's just a ghost town. Should make winning the away game there a bit easier for the gophs.

Yeah, that's a um, pathetic crowd. I like being able to hear Painter coach, though?

We look awful, but the reffing is worse. Loving the scoring from the non-All-Americans, though.

Good win by Purdue as that is another conference road win in the books. Better than last year when we went and almost lost the Big Ten title in a close game.

Gotta take care of business at home and then the Big Game in the Barn.

Ish...the first half was ugly. But at the end of th day Purdue is 3-0 in the B10 by a combined margin of 51, with 2 on the road. Granted the teams weren't top tier B10 teams, but the Boilers have been taken care of business.

With that said this Purdue team is very very beatable on any given night. Purdue will have huge problems if JJ is in foul trouble.

Yeah, I agree that if JJ gets into foul trouble, Purdue is effed. The Gophers are a horrible match-up for the Boilers. Next week's game at the Barn could make or break the Gopher's season. I expect Minnesota to come out swinging especially if they lose at OSU and are 1-3. Purdue hasn't lost a true road game since last January (9 in a row) and will have to rely on it's pressure defense, limit their own tunrovers, and of course get 40+ points from Moore and JJ.

Purdue strikes me as the type of team that can dominate the lesser (i.e., NIT or sub-.500) teams but will struggle with the better teams, even more than you would expect just based on how they play versus the lesser teams. I have a hard time figuring out how good Purdue is this year. I know they'll be an NCAA tourney team, but are they a team that can get back to the Sweet 16 again? I don't know, and I don't think anything they've done so far proves they are that type of team.

Top Bottom