Marcus: I'm hearing Joseph may transfer to Oregon

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this tweet:

"I'm hearing Joseph is considering transferring to Oregon. Ducks would be good fit for Joseph. Lot better fit than Tubby would have been."

Go Gophers!!

Now grammatically correct

I would like to hear from Marcus what he means by "lot better fit." That's an awfully open-ended statement.

Would be a much more "stomachable" tweet if Marcus had the nards to come right out and say what he's implying, if anything.

Can only guess Marcus is implying Oregon will be a better fit because Altman will give Devoe as many shots as he wants, and hence the green light to be "The Man" on campus.

I would like to hear from Marcus what he means by "lot better fit." That's an awfully open-ended statement.

Would be a much more "stomachable" tweet if Marcus had the backbone to come right out and say what he's inferring, if anything.

I think he's saying that Devoe to Oregon is a better fit than the Tubby to Oregon rumors, circa Seth Davis.

Go Gophers!!

Would be a much more "stomachable" tweet if Marcus had the backbone to come right out and say what he's inferring, if anything.

He is saying the following

Devoe Joseph playing at Oregon = Good Fit
Tubby Smith coaching at Oregon = Bad Fit

Remember the rumors of Smith to Oregon last year (I know they are tough to remember with there being so many), I think that is what he is referring to.

Thanks guys, and my apologies Marcus. Brain fart on my part. I'm a little slow today.

According to Souhan, some of his ex teammates may be jealous that he gets to...
1) Sit out basically two seasons of bball because of his mistakes
2) Join a horrible program
3) Play 0 minutes next year as opposed to being our starting pg
4) Make a mid-season transition and leave all of his friends that are at MN

The list could go on and on. I guess he can be the star there that he thinks he is. I'm sure when he plays he'll be taking about 15 shots a game. Don't get me wrong, we could use him this year and really really use him next year. He was always frustrating. I've never been a huge fan of his play but he could've certainly helped. It's hard to imagine he won't regret his decision considering he would've played decent minutes this year and heavy minutes next year vs. 0 minutes this year, 0 minutes next year, and then probably heavy minutes at a crappy program.

This whole situation is so weird. There must be some serious issues (or at least perceived issues from Joseph's standpoint) that are causing him to do this.

According to Souhan, some of his ex teammates may be jealous that he gets to...
1) Sit out basically two seasons of bball because of his mistakes
2) Join a horrible program
3) Play 0 minutes next year as opposed to being our starting pg
4) Make a mid-season transition and leave all of his friends that are at MN

The list could go on and on. I guess he can be the star there that he thinks he is. I'm sure when he plays he'll be taking about 15 shots a game. Don't get me wrong, we could use him this year and really really use him next year. He was always frustrating. I've never been a huge fan of his play but he could've certainly helped. It's hard to imagine he won't regret his decision considering he would've played decent minutes this year and heavy minutes next year vs. 0 minutes this year, 0 minutes next year, and then probably heavy minutes at a crappy program.

Add to that Oregon has two pretty highly ranked shooting guards and a point guard coming in next Fall that would get to play while he waits. This would be just another in a series of bad decisions.

Would be a much more "stomachable" tweet if Marcus had the nards to come right out and say what he's inferring, if anything.

Can only guess Marcus is inferring that Oregon will be a better fit because Altman will give Devoe as many shots as he wants, and hence the green light to be "The Man" on campus.

"Implying"

:eek:

I'm with Dakich on this one

Absent any other information.....

if a player can't play for Tubby Smith, "it's on him". Not saying it's likely a bed of roses to play under Tubbby. But an awful lot of good basketball players have, and have found a way to prosper, and improve. Rajan Rondo anyone?

Oh to play for one of the worst major conference teams, but be "the man" there. Enjoy your obscurity Devoe.

This whole situation is so weird. There must be some serious issues (or at least perceived issues from Joseph's standpoint) that are causing him to do this.

Genau (means exactly in German). What are those serious issues? Are there any serious issues? Let's all keep speculating and gossiping. Come on Tubby, I love you a bunch, but inquiring minds want to know.

You can even tell us he has some personal issues that he needs to resolve and that you are not at liberty to disclose those issues.

You can tell us that Devoe simply thought that he was bigger than the team, and you had to aggressively remind him that he is not.

Telling us simply that he has left the program is allowing all of the BS conjecture to continue to evolve. We are going to find out sooner or later anyway.

Would be a much more "stomachable" tweet if Marcus had the nards to come right out and say what he's inferring, if anything.

Can only guess Marcus is inferring that Oregon will be a better fit because Altman will give Devoe as many shots as he wants, and hence the green light to be "The Man" on campus.
He's implying, you're inferring ;)

Only so much you can say in a tweet, though!

edit: Aw crap, I got beat to the implying comment.

My guess is that the weather pattern finally got to him and he's decided to go somewhere warmer with less snow. These storms, I tell ya.

My guess is that the weather pattern finally got to him and he's decided to go somewhere warmer with less snow. These storms, I tell ya.
Yeah, because his 18 years of growing up in sunny, balmy TORONTO didn't prepare him for cold weather :rolleyes:

Yeah, because his 18 years of growing up in sunny, balmy TORONTO didn't prepare him for cold weather :rolleyes:

I should probably let people know when I'm being sarcastic. Damn you internet and your inability to transfer my tone automatically! :cry:

I should probably let people know when I'm being sarcastic. Damn you internet and your inability to transfer my tone automatically! :cry:
Ahhh...couldn't pick it up...there should seriously be a sarcasm button on here.

Add to that Oregon has two pretty highly ranked shooting guards and a point guard coming in next Fall that would get to play while he waits. This would be just another in a series of bad decisions.

Twenty year olds, particularly males, make bad decisions. The best that you can hope for them is that their bad decisions don't lead to health or safety issues. Regardless of where Devoe plays college ball, he's not going to play in the NBA (overseas somewhere, probably), so there really isn't an economic, health or safety consequence. So, big picture, he may (or may not) be making a poor decision but it's not a life altering mistake, and that's all that matters.

plus OR won't care how many drugs you do if you still score

Now, I've been to Eugene. If you link rumors (and that's all they are to me) of Devoe's past behavior with the tweet, you can read between the lines (much like Idagopher stated so eloquently).

Or Marcus meant Devoe is a better fit than Tubby at Oregon...

...Free Colt45

Infer/Imply

Thanks guys. I'll make the correction.

My mother would be disappointed in my poor grammar. She's the best English teacher I've ever had.

Now, I've been to Eugene. If you link rumors (and that's all they are to me) of Devoe's past behavior with the tweet, you can read between the lines (much like Idagopher stated so eloquently).

Or Marcus meant Devoe is a better fit than Tubby at Oregon...

...Free Colt45

Add Vermont and Colorado to this potential list then...

Life threatening no...

Twenty year olds, particularly males, make bad decisions. The best that you can hope for them is that their bad decisions don't lead to health or safety issues. Regardless of where Devoe plays college ball, he's not going to play in the NBA (overseas somewhere, probably), so there really isn't an economic, health or safety consequence. So, big picture, he may (or may not) be making a poor decision but it's not a life altering mistake, and that's all that matters.
Life altering, yes.
And maybe this isn't a bad decision. In the spirit of speculation, maybe the bad decision was already made. Leaving at this point would leave more options than a season ending suspension would.

another possibility.... Humbolt State, trust me on this one..

@bigjaybee
#Gophers RT @AdamZagoria Minny transfer Devoe Joseph looking at WVU, Oregon, Baylor, Pitt, Charlotte, Niagara, per a source

Word is another factor is that Devoe felt a bit misled. He heard the Twin Cities had a lot of pot holes...

Top Bottom