Domino Effect- Recruiting- -Execution - Leadership

millions2spare

Krav-Maga
Reaction score
Guys, wake up on this board and face reality. This is all common sense. No team in the country can lose 4- 5 star recruits such as Royce White, Devoe Joseph , Paul Carter and expect the Gophers to compete for a big 10 title. Tubby recruited these players fully expecting them to remain in the fold and to blend into his system. Freshman cannot expect to Execute with the same results such as recruits like Royce White ( Pure Scorer and Physically Gifted), Paul Carter--Polished and Mature under pressure, Devoe Joseph- Talented scorer and experienced. Tubby did NOT expect to lose these players and you can't just go sign a player off a practice squad to compensate.

Tubby will make adjustments to his line up. It is up to the other players to step up and provide the leadership to overcome the Devoe Joseph loss. Tubby will create the environment where the players left on the roster can choose to improve and become Leaders or to pout / whine/ Blame/ Complain, etc. It is time for the players to "Man up" and make the best of this situation and become better individual players and a ultimately become a better team inspite of the challenge at hand.

Guys, wake up on this board and face reality. This is all common sense. No team in the country can lose 4- 5 star recruits such as Royce White, Devoe Joseph , Paul Carter and expect the Gophers to compete for a big 10 title. Tubby recruited these players fully expecting them to remain in the fold and to blend into his system. Freshman cannot expect to Execute with the same results such as recruits like Royce White ( Pure Scorer and Physically Gifted), Paul Carter--Polished and Mature under pressure, Devoe Joseph- Talented scorer and experienced. Tubby did NOT expect to lose these players and you can't just go sign a player off a practice squad to compensate.

Tubby will make adjustments to his line up. It is up to the other players to step up and provide the leadership to overcome the Devoe Joseph loss. Tubby will create the environment where the players left on the roster can choose to improve and become Leaders or to pout / whine/ Blame/ Complain, etc. It is time for the players to "Man up" and make the best of this situation and become better individual players and a ultimately become a better team inspite of the challenge at hand.

Tubby knew full well the potential for implosion for RW, and I suspect to a certain degree Devoe.

Tubby is in charge.

Why do you capitalize the "Del" in Marina del Rey?

Tubby knew full well the potential for implosion for RW, and I suspect to a certain degree Devoe.

Tubby is in charge.

And if he didn't go hard after him and sign RW in the first place, I'm sure you would be first in line bitching about how he didn't get the locals to stay home.

And that is a massive assumption about Devoe that you are pulling out of your arse.

And if he didn't go hard after him and sign RW in the first place, I'm sure you would be first in line bitching about how he didn't get the locals to stay home.

And that is a massive assumption about Devoe that you are pulling out of your arse.

Indeed. Just a hunch, but it was quite evident early on in Devoe's stay here that he was somewhat of a one man show and had some attitude to go with it.

Nope - I was one that wanted to let RW leave and not let the door hit him on the way out of state.

Concerning RW, Tubby really did not have much choice. As for Devoe, who knows what lurks behind closed doors...

Tubby's job is to win games. Winning sells tickets. To win games he has to keep players eligible and sign players that will stay regardless of what rubes think of those signings.

It amazes me how the Trolls on this board cannot respond to the comments or the posting. They focus on my City or some mythical enigma.

Agree or disagree, this team needs a scorer--Tubby signed three very good ones who left the team. It is the Job of Tubby and the Athletic department to create a winning environment and to keep these kids motivated and qualified. The Kids have a responsibility to go to class , protect their eligibility, and grow as players and students. There is a disconnect right now going on right now.
I do not know if it is Tubby, the dysfunctional Athletic Department, or GFB something worse. We can only speculate or comment on the realities that are evident.

I fully expect some leaders to rise up and pull this team out of the down spiral.

You can't lose 4 recruits and be successfull. if that continues it will impact the program. The players that have left would have been very important to the team this year. Next year the real impact will be felt. The program will not have the success we thought it would.

That was actually a pretty well-thought-out post by M2S. I agree with just about everything in it. Hopefully some players will step up. Time will tell.

I will say, not to turn this into another Al Nolen thread, but I don't think it's a coincidence that we played our best basketball in probably over a decade earlier this year before he got hurt.

Hopefully he can get to 100% and some of the freshmen can fill some of the scoring void. I expect Hoff and Mbakwe will do a little more scoring as well.

You can't lose 4 recruits and be successfull. if that continues it will impact the program. The players that have left would have been very important to the team this year. Next year the real impact will be felt. The program will not have the success we thought it would.

UK lost Jason Parker, Rashaad Carruth, Adam Chiles, Marvin Stone (in a year) and went 87-15 the next 3 years.

Bill O'reilly

Default Domino Effect- Recruiting- -Execution - Leadership
Guys, wake up on this board and face reality...

M2S, wake up on this board and face reality...YOU are in 2nd place as GopherHole's favorite poster. Everyone else is tied for first.

You missed one. I am surprised that you are not keying on the loss of Bryant Allen.

UK lost Jason Parker, Rashaad Carruth, Adam Chiles, Marvin Stone (in a year) and went 87-15 the next 3 years.

I don't think you can compare Kentucky to Minnesota. You lose a couple at Kentucky there are more in the pipeline ready to commit. You lose a couple at Minnesota and it really hurts. That is reality.

ATGOPH....You are correct sir, we could use Bryant Allen. Even though he was recruited as a football player, he would look pretty good for us now.

Dr Don, as a troll you are totally free to ignore my posts. You have absolutely nothing to add, maybe it is because of all the drugs you been smoking or you have limited mental capacity. Either way, I would suggest you save yourself some sleep loss and put me on your ignore list .

People on this board need to be realistic. You lose a player or two and we cannot just reload like the top programs. If Tubby stays another 2 or 3 years, we will be able to reload to some extent. For now, the margin of error is so thin that the Loss of Devoe, RW, and Carter, probably means this team may be one and done in the NCAA Tournament again. Let's hope Nolan and the rest of the op 7 stays healthy, a freshman rises from the abyss, and Mabwke stays out of foul trouble. Iverson and Sampson are really under achieving so far in the Big Ten. As we have said, the margin for error is so thin.

We need to hope for the best but our expectations need to be diminished significantly.

Tubby Smiths coaching philosophy, the character of his recruits, and this teams ability to rise above negative circumstances will be on display the remainder of the season.

As a wise basketball coach once said, "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out."
John Wooden

let's see if this team can make the best of this circumstance.

It amazes me how the Trolls on this board cannot respond to the comments or the posting. They focus on my City or some mythical enigma.

Yes, clearly I'm a troll. I have thousands of posts on a board that I've been visiting for years. Not once has anyone ever questioned my fanhood, and you would not find such a person on either the football or basketball board. Yup, I'm a troll all right.

The reason I bring up your city is because you are a liar. You lie about where you live and you're purposely obfuscative when anyone asks you a direct question. If you are willing to lie about something as unimportant as where you live, why should anyone think you're not lying about everything else you type on this board?

I don't think you can compare Kentucky to Minnesota. You lose a couple at Kentucky there are more in the pipeline ready to commit. You lose a couple at Minnesota and it really hurts. That is reality.

Purdue lost a number of recruits / players to transfer in 2006 and 2007.

Since then Matt Painter has led the Boilers to 25 W, 27 W, and 29 W.

ATGOPH....You are correct sir, we could use Bryant Allen. Even though he was recruited as a football player, he would look pretty good for us now.

Dr Don, as a troll you are totally free to ignore my posts. You have absolutely nothing to add, maybe it is because of all the drugs you been smoking or you have limited mental capacity. Either way, I would suggest you save yourself some sleep loss and put me on your ignore list .

I'm a troll???? Holy Jesus Martha.

dr Don, just like making it to the big dance or the BCS Finals where they look at the quality of wins in order to get in to the top tournemnt or bowl games, people have examined the quality of your millions of GH posts and have determined you are a troll.........

Finally put me on your ignore list.........and by the way...I moved to Culver City......

hey dpedollfile68....why don't you also put me on your Ignore list too! Do me a huge favor and do it! With my job and property, I pay my share of Minnesota Taxes.....

The reason I bring up your city is because you are a liar.

Call the cops! Someone who post anonymously on a sports board was less than truthful about his city of residence.

Do you consider me a liar, since my name is Unregistered User, but I am clearly a registered user?

Call the cops! Someone who post anonymously on a sports board was less than truthful about his city of residence.

Sorry, I have no patience for liars. If you are willing to lie about something as simple as your place of residence, what else are you lying about?

Do you consider me a liar, since my name is Unregistered User, but I am clearly a registered user?

I'm sophisticated enough to tell the difference between satire and outright lying.

Seems a bit dramatic.

Not only that, but he gets pissed when people won't answer his ridiculous questions, yet he won't answer simple, direct questions himself. Purposeful obfuscation is a pet peeve of mine as well, in addition to the lying.

dr Don, just like making it to the big dance or the BCS Finals where they look at the quality of wins in order to get in to the top tournemnt or bowl games, people have examined the quality of your millions of GH posts and have determined you are a troll.........

Finally put me on your ignore list.........and by the way...I moved to Culver City......

Not gonna do that, missedlayup/millions2spare from French Lick IN, Marina Del Ray, Culver City. I get too many laughs out of you and reading the comments back at you. Keep up the good work, laughter is good.

Top Bottom