This team misses DJ and Carter bad.

march madness

Reaction score
Both were starting to hit from 15 feet, could play the high post, pass or make a shot. Both were long and great defenders.

Do you think anyone has told Rodney he needs to work in his 12-15 foot game and a pull up jumper? It is open all game and the other teams don't respect his 3 point shot enough to guard him so he can drive...he has to add this or become a 40% 3 shooter or his talent will never be realized.

Miss Westbrook more.

That said all teams miss their graduating seniors (yes I konw Carter was not a senior).

As odd as it sounds, I think Carter would have a hard time getting minutes this year and likely hinder Rodney's development.

Do you think anyone has told Rodney he needs to work in his 12-15 foot game and a pull up jumper? It is open all game and the other teams don't respect his 3 point shot enough to guard him so he can drive...he has to add this or become a 40% 3 shooter or his talent will never be realized.

This.

If Rodney could learn to drive and pull up with a jumper - with his leaping ability - he would be nearly impossible to defend. I thought after last season, he would spend the entire off-season working on nothing more than his jump shot. Maybe he did - but it certainly isn't showing up on the court. His ball-handling does seem improved to me though: which would make a good pull-up jumper all the more lethal...

I think we miss Kolander and John Thomas and Jim Chickenjanski!!! Oh I know another one we miss is Kevin Lynch clanking it off the rim against Georgia Tech!!!

If we only had more eligibility for Voshon Lenard, or Trent Tucker!!!!!

Miss Westbrook more.

That said all teams miss their graduating seniors (yes I konw Carter was not a senior).

As odd as it sounds, I think Carter would have a hard time getting minutes this year and likely hinder Rodney's development.

That's wrong and sounds odd.

I think we miss Kolander and John Thomas and Jim Chickenjanski!!! Oh I know another one we miss is Kevin Lynch clanking it off the rim against Georgia Tech!!!

Actually, Lynch never came close to the rim on that last shot against Georgia Tech.

How about this: We miss a player LIKE DJ or Carter, a player who is big/tall enough and athletic enough to guard players like Jon Leuer on the post or on the three point line. A player who can make a post move or hit a 15-foot jump shot.

Completely agree with the OP.

Both were starting to hit from 15 feet, could play the high post, pass or make a shot. Both were long and great defenders.

Yes.

And most people here thought they were easily replaceable by the current assembly of plaers.

Yes.

And most people here thought they were easily replaceable by the current assembly of plaers.

Most thought Rodney would have developed a lot more than he has. Most didn't think Joseph would be transferring.

Paul Carter & UIC vs Wright State

Carter 37 Min 13pts 11 rbs 2 blks 5 to's 4 pf's

Wright St 71 UIC 63

Most thought Rodney would have developed a lot more than he has. Most didn't think Joseph would be transferring.

RW hasnt developed as quickly as some expected. Who is partly responsible for developing his bb skills?

Play the hand you are dealt - Devoe is gone.

What will Tubby do to make sure the team wins?

Miss Westbrook more.

That reminds me of posters last year saying Westbrook was hindering Devoe's development and taking his minutes.

The fact is Westy was simply a better basketball player than DevoeJo.

...................................................................................................

Carter was going to help fill Johnson's shoes & Devoe was going to step into Westbrook's role. O for 2.

Last year is last year. That's college basketball. ... roster turnover every year. That's what makes each season (even the crappy ones) so unique and enjoyable.

Top Bottom