Ohio State L
Illinois W
@ Iowa L
@ Penn State W
Michigan State L
Michigan W
@Northwestern L
Penn State W

I gave them the benefit of the doubt on a couple but they could easily lose to Indiana on the road and Illinois at home. A putrid performance tonight at home against a team that will finish last in the conference has done it for me. Hopefully one of these years we will contend again for a B10 championship.

Thanks for the laugh.

Thanks for the laugh.

Tell me where I am wrong. This is an average team that beat the worst team in the conference at home by 4 and trailed at half. Like many others here I got sucked into the great start and was hopeful we could finish in the top 5 in the conference, but its become apparent that we will struggle to win many games this year in conference.

I love how giving us the benefit of the doubt means we lose to Iowa.

You're late. We've been expecting you.

Hope we don't have to hear from you after the tOSU game.

love how giving us the benefit of the doubt means we lose to Iowa.

Did you see how tough they played Ohio State tonight? A team that had averaged a 20+ point margin of victories in all their wins. Anyone who has the Iowa games as gimmes is mistaken.

Did you see how tough they played Ohio State tonight? A team that had averaged a 20+ point margin of victories in all their wins. Anyone who has the Iowa games as gimmes is mistaken.

No one said it was a gimme, but for your thread title to have any merit "8 wins MAX" then not only is it not a gimme, it has to be a sure loss.

missed_the_point.jpg

You know it's bad when a poster has permanently replaced Art as the resident Gopherhole Troll.

Two road wins is being generous to me. Hope I am proven wrong

So Providence took Pitt to the wire tonight at home does that mean they will beat the 4-10 teams in the BE? Nope.

DePaul almost beat WVU tonight. So is Cincinatti now screwed? Nope.

Stupid logic.

You know it's bad when a poster has permanently replaced Art as the resident Gopherhole Troll.

:clap: It must take some effort to be so cynical!

Reading these threads actually increases my confidence in the team, right or wrong...

We didn't play well. relax. The "benefit of the doubt" includes losses at Michigan, at Northwestern, AND at Iowa? I am not sure if there's a team in the conference that will lose all three of those games.

I am still predicting 10-8 in the conference, but I don't think predicting 8 wins at MAX is preposterous as some are responding here. Even Kenpom has us lower than 8 now. http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Minnesota

He has us winning 4 more games in conference....interesting. However, we have appeared to have been extremely overrated after beating West Virginia and North Carolina. They are both having terrible seasons.

He has us winning 4 more games in conference....interesting. However, we have appeared to have been extremely overrated after beating West Virginia and North Carolina. They are both having terrible seasons.

How is UNC having a "terrible" season? Their four losses are all top 25 squads in us, Vandy, Illinois, and Texas. They also beat a top 10 team in Kentucky. It's not up to UNC standards, but far from "terrible".

@Ohio State L
Purdue L
Iowa W
@Michigan L
Northwestern W
@ Purdue L
@Indiana W
Ohio State L
Illinois W
@ Iowa L
@ Penn State W
Michigan State L
Michigan W
@Northwestern L
Penn State W

I gave them the benefit of the doubt on a couple but they could easily lose to Indiana on the road and Illinois at home. A putrid performance tonight at home against a team that will finish last in the conference has done it for me. Hopefully one of these years we will contend again for a B10 championship.

If it wasn't for our coach I may actually agree with you. Our coach has proven time and again that he can rally his troops and get the most out of them. He did it at KU. He did it his first year with us with limited talent. He certainly did it last year with all of the issues that he had to face.

I originally had us as losing 3 of our first 4 games in the BT, and then winding up 13 and 5. I think now that a 10 or 11 win season is probably more in line with the loss of 2 key players. I think we can still have a strong Big Ten Tournament run and get to the sweet 16 in the NCAA's. Even with all of the issues that would make for a significant improvement and I think most of us would be pleased.

It doesnt look good......

for this squad. There are only 2 guards with balls skills, our beloved seniors Al and Hoff. With Devoe now gone, no one else can put the rock on the floor.

No one can shoot but Hoff. EVERYONE else has to get right to the rim to score. We do have a number of guys who can go up strong, but still we need more than one shooter.

If the defense was solid, you might squeak out a few close ones, but it is not.

For this team to reach .500 in the conference, it is going to take something we haven't seen yet.

Possiblities.... Hollins becomes shooter, scorer. Williams improves his jumper. Iverson/Sampson become consistant low post threats.

We need to get our young athletes (Chip, Austin, Rod) out in transition for some easy buckets to take the pressure off our limited half court game.

Having said all that....only OSU, MSU and Purdue seem unbeatable to me.

Purdue is beatable. We'll beat them at home lose at Mackey

Purdue is beatable. We'll beat them at home lose at Mackey

Agreed. It's all about matchups. We struggle with teams that can consistently hit the outside jumper. I think we'll have plenty of bodies to throw at JJ, and I think Rodney can check Moore. Plus, it's not like Purdue has a ton of great outside shooters. I think we match up well enough that we certainly have a chance to knock them off at home.

We will not hold up.......

to Purdue's ball pressure. Al has asthma and injury and cannot hold up. This is a 20 turnover game for us.

No, he has the GOPHERS winning 4 more games in conference. Don't use "us." You are not part of the team

Agreed. It's all about matchups. We struggle with teams that can consistently hit the outside jumper. I think we'll have plenty of bodies to throw at JJ, and I think Rodney can check Moore. Plus, it's not like Purdue has a ton of great outside shooters. I think we match up well enough that we certainly have a chance to knock them off at home.
We'll see. They've been hot from outside lately, Smith has finally found his shot, as did Hart before he was injured - he'll be back before the game.

Everyone is beatable, obviously, but I feel pretty good about this one (as a Purdue fan, in case anyone has forgotten).

Troll = someone who doesn't swill the kool-aid and have blind homerism?

Thanks for clarifying.

Troll = Art Vandelay, a Badger fan who trolls a gopher board.

As I've said before this is 100% truth. Art used to be a regular poster on badgernation many years ago but decided to devote himself here full time, mocking gophers on their own board.

(notice ever since I started calling him out, Art has been trying to "boost" his gopher credentials by dropping a "becky" here and there, which is cute but nothing more than part of his long running act)

What about how "tough" they played some other teams? Idk why I'm even responding to any crap from you, but your confirmation bias is just so annoying. What if we had played Iowa last night and Iowa played as well as they did against Ohio State? I don't think you'd be talking about how tough they played. You'd be talking about how terrible we are, just like you do after almost every game. Iowa isn't good. Ever think that maybe Ohio State just didn't play well or that good teams barely beat crappy teams (not just the gophers)?

No, he has the GOPHERS winning 4 more games in conference. Don't use "us." You are not part of the team

I think they win more than 4 more games. Even when MN was 7-0 he had them winning 10 tops, so MN has not gotten props from KenPom all year.

I would not be shocked with 8 wins or 10 wins, but I think if they win 5-7 games then there will be a lot of empty seats at the barn. Conversley if they win 10 or 11 the place will be rockin'.

BTW, I always get a kick out of people on a message board who decide who is part of the team and who is not...who cares, was that really worth the response. No offense intended.

Troll = someone who doesn't swill the kool-aid and have blind homerism?

Thanks for clarifying.

No doubt. Even worse on the FB board. People wanted to kill my kids if I said something bad about Brew in August or September. AliBowha and Ghost of Bierman (sp) come to mind...

Top Bottom