Non sell-out?

Block M

Reaction score
Wow, that is embarrassing. First home B10 game and a metro area of how many million people can't muster 13K to watch the only legitimate basketball team in the state? Hmm.

My goodness. Must have been a hot T-Wolves game at the same time.

Wow, that is embarrassing. First home B10 game and a metro area of how many million people can't muster 13K to watch the only legitimate basketball team in the state? Hmm.

My goodness. Must have been a hot T-Wolves game at the same time.

Where were you?

The last thousand or so seats in the Barn are going to be labeled "obstructed" in some way, and it is going to be tough getting buyers for those in the best of circumstances. Sellouts will come when the casual fan starts paying attention and we are playing big meaningful games against teams that have decent alumni bases in the Twin Cities. Considering a 6:00 start, the drama over the last couple of days, and the opponent, I thought the crowd was pretty decent, if a little lethargic in the first half.

The last thousand or so seats in the Barn are going to be labeled "obstructed" in some way, and it is going to be tough getting buyers for those in the best of circumstances. Sellouts will come when the casual fan starts paying attention and we are playing big meaningful games against teams that have decent alumni bases in the Twin Cities. Considering a 6:00 start, the drama over the last couple of days, and the opponent, I thought the crowd was pretty decent, if a little lethargic in the first half.

Yep...the 6 p.m. start was my biggest obstacle. I live a couple hours away and I wanted to bring one of my kids. But the timing waiting for school to get out just didn't work this time. But on TV, it looked like a pretty good-sized (albeit lethargic) crowd.

Crowd filled nicely up and the 2nd half energy was very good as the Gophers finally got going. Contrast this with Iowa and penn state crowds.

Top Bottom