Jim Souhan: Offense, answers are in short supply for U

I hardly ever read Souhan, but I am glad I read that piece. I think he's right on the mark with most of his opinions on the current state of Gopher basketball. I only disagree with his line that Smith has recruited an interesting collection of talent that doesn't play well together.

We have two 7 footers who struggle to finish inside and can be exposed defensively
We have at least two guards on the roster who can neither drive by anyone or shoot it consistently.
We only have one guy on the team who could be described as a good perimeter shooter.
Now that Mo is out, I don't trust any bigs to make a shot outside of 10 feet (I know Ralph certainly can, but I don't feel confident with him shooting the ball at all).

My point is that it's not just the lack of a solid offensive scheme, but also the lack of skilled offensive players on the roster.

Thanks Souhan for letting everyone know what questions you asked. What a piece of work.

Souhan is, without any question, the worst media member in town. And that's saying something. He's completely lacking in talent as a writer. He was an okay reporter, but he doesn't have the skill to be a columnist. Send him to the White Bear Free Press where he belongs. I happen to think that I, and at least half of this board could write more knowledgeable, more entertaining, and just plain better columns than Souhan does.

Even if Souhan does make a valid point on occasion, it's hard for me to respect any opinion he expresses about college basketball. He has about as much knowledge of college hoops as a tird dropped in a Williams Arena restroom last night.

Even if Souhan does make a valid point on occasion, it's hard for me to respect any opinion he expresses about college basketball. He has about as much knowledge of college hoops as the tirds dropped in the Williams Arena restrooms last night.

Souhan is terrible. But even a blind squirrel can bump into a nut at times- which he did here. Cross out the writer's name and the article is correct.

Ah, you don't need to be a basketball expert to see the problems with this team.

I don't click on the guy, I don't want to give him any more clicks.

Here is something I posted about a month ago when I found out he attended the Jerry Kill press conference, I'm guessing it will apply one month later when he attempts to write about basketball:

I guess he attended the press conference. So I imagine that tomorrow there will be an article filled with one sentence paragraphs that is as informed as all his previous columns. I'm sure he will be as glib as ever.

He stated that the foul on Hoff at the end of the game was horrible. It was the right call - Hoff was obviously fouled. It may have been a bad in court pass but he was fouled when tha ball came to him.

Even if Souhan does make a valid point on occasion, it's hard for me to respect any opinion he expresses about college basketball. He has about as much knowledge of college hoops as a tird dropped in a Williams Arena restroom last night.

I agree. His pathetic, uninformed columns last March permantently lost my respect for him on anything related to college basketball. I seriously doubt he watches more then half the Gopher games anyway, or many others. The only reason he'll be covering them more this year is because there's no Vikings play-offs or Olympics to cover instead. The Twins are really the only team he actually knows more about then the average fan. Worse, his writing isn't even that good.

Say what you want about Reusse. But his knowledge of sports history in this town is superior to most people. And unlike Souhan, he's actually a good writer at least when he wants to be.

I am not crazy about Tubby right now but Tubby is dead right to not comment on Devoe`s departure. Coaches should never comment on stuff like this- it is not fair to the player and will make the coach look like an a$$hole. Devoe can talk about it if likes.

Top Bottom