bga1

Reaction score
Dumb frustrated fan here.....my lineup wish is:

Mbakwe
Willliams
Armelin
Hoff
Nolen

I'm not saying this should be a starting lineup, but this would be an interesting group, a little smaller but with guys than can drive and Hoff shooting along with some amazing athletes. Williams is better off on the blocks at this point in his career.

Oh yes and I know- Tubby is a hall of fame coach. I get that and I know it's semi off limits to have an opinion about his lineups or coaching.

Mbakwe
Willliams
Armelin
Hoff
Nolen

I'm not saying this should be a starting lineup, but this would be an interesting group, a little smaller but with guys than can drive and Hoff shooting along with some amazing athletes. Williams is better off on the blocks at this point in his career.

Oh yes and I know- Tubby is a hall of fame coach. I get that and I know it's semi off limits to have an opinion about his lineups or coaching.

Tubby is not HOF coach (yet) and may never get there. But he is a good coach.

I would like to see it - but I did not see too much from Armelin tonight - except for that amazing backpedaling one-handed catch in the first half.

I would like to see it - but I did not see too much from Armelin tonight - except for that amazing backpedaling one-handed catch in the first half.

Tough to get much from a guy that plays 7 minutes.

Don't you know the freshmen all have to play together? We can't mix and match these groups of players. Duh.

Don't you know the freshmen all have to play together? We can't mix and match these groups of players. Duh.

Yeah- interesting to see against South Dakota State or whoever but by Big Ten time that line change is nuts. It would seem like coaching 101 to slip your less experience players in one at a time so that they don't get exploited or put us thorugh periods with no scorers on the floor. Tubby has this idea that Armelin is strictly a sub for Hoff- therefore the exit of Devoe is more minutes for Ahanmisi (who did some nice things tonight) who is way more limited than Armelin. Why not slide Hoff over to point for two minutes at a time to spell Nolen and run Aremlin with him at the 2? Oh well - Tubby is an HOF coach and I'm a dumb fan.

Yeah- interesting to see against South Dakota State or whoever but by Big Ten time that line change is nuts. It would seem like coaching 101 to slip your less experience players in one at a time so that they don't get exploited or put us thorugh periods with no scorers on the floor. Tubby has this idea that Armelin is strictly a sub for Hoff- therefore the exit of Devoe is more minutes for Ahanmisi (who did some nice things tonight) who is way more limited than Armelin. Why not slide Hoff over to point for two minutes at a time to spell Nolen and run Aremlin with him at the 2? Oh well - Tubby is an HOF coach and I'm a dumb fan.

Well stated. And accurate.

Mbakwe
Willliams
Armelin
Hoff
Nolen

I think we might see this lineup against Michigan.

Go Gophers

i'd love to see it

I would love that lineup or any lineup that has trevor at 5, rodney at 4, nolen at 1, hoff at 3. You could have Hollins or Armelin as the 2. Please have the guts to put Ralph on the bench! What have you promised him. Other than shotblocking and catching a pass for a wide open dunk I dont know what he has done to keep a starting job! His outside shot is horrible right now. Send a message every coach I have ever watched will bench a guy who is struggling with aggressiveness!!

I think a smaller, quicker lineup would be a nice change of pace. Last night when the Gophers went on a run when they were down 38-30 the problem was that the bigs were too slow getting up and down the court (mainly Iverson). I had the game on DVR and watched a few of the plays going up and down towards the end of that stretch and it was obvious everyone was tired but our bigs dont move well enough for that. Let Mbakwe run in those situations and put Colt and RS3 on the bench for a few minutes then bring them in against the other teams tired bigs and let them bang down low.

Top Bottom