Dan Dakich

NateDawgUM

bored with recruiting talk
Reaction score
Can anyone stand him?

Stop yelling!

Definitely one of my least favorites. He absolutely drove me nuts the last game he did for us (I think it was the Wisconsin game).

Can anyone stand him?

Stop yelling!

Dan Dakich was the best bball color man tonight that I've heard in a long time. He broke down the plays, he broke down specific players, and did the best pure (and apparently accurate) basketball analysis I've possibly ever heard on TV during a game.

Sure beats Dukie V hollering like a cheerleader all night. Give me Dakich again. Two thumbs up, at least tonight.

Negative: Kisses butt a lot. Falls in love with certain guys waaaay too easily.

Positives: Rips a player when deserved. He was all over Ralph tonight. Ralph deserved it. Ralph was disgusting out there.

Dan Dakich was the best bball color man tonight that I've heard in a long time. He broke down the plays, he broke down specific players, and did the best pure (and apparently accurate) basketball analysis I've possibly ever heard on TV during a game.

Sure beats Dukie V hollering like a cheerleader all night. Give me Dakich again. Two thumbs up, at least tonight.

+++

I liked his call of "if you can't play for tubby, that's on you. He is a disciplinarian but also a players coach." Speaking of Devoe.

Yeah....this +1000.

Some good points regarding Dakich -- both positive and negative. I thought he was a serious pain in the a** and obnoxious during the Wisconsin game but I rather enjoyed him tonight. I'm sure my anger during the WI game impacted my thoughts on him as I think he generally seems to have some good thoughts. I like that he was both a player and a coach, and he seems to be able to translate that into relevant insight. However, I agree with one commenter who suggested that he falls in love with a player(s) too easily when they do something well.

Finally, I also liked that he called Joseph out during tonight's game. Well deserved!

I liked his call of "if you can't play for tubby, that's on you. He is a disciplinarian but also a players coach." Speaking of Devoe.

That was excellent! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I'm so glad he said that.

I actually loved him tonight... he can get annoying when he falls in love with a player, but he gets into it...

I think there should be a petition for Bill Raftery and Gus Johnson to call EVERY GAME! :D

Credit where credit is due. I thought yesterday Dakich was the best color-man I have heard in a long time. He pointed out the finer points of the game rather than making some of the idiotic statements like "the coach needs to call a timeout". Most days, on the Big Ten Network sports shows he is worse than some of the other Minnesota-snubbers, but yesterday was his finest hour. Please - no Raftery for me.

Top Bottom