RSIII looks stoned

GopherinPhilly

Reaction score
Is Sampson playing this game in protest over Devoe's leaving or did he drink a bunch of codein laced cough syrup before tipoff...he looks stoned.

Also, why is it that Tubby is the only one who can't seem to see the benefit of having RW post up?

"RSIII looks stoned"

Don't know about Ralph, but odds are pretty good that Devoe is right now.

To bad Jajuan Johnson doesnt play for Indiana Ralph would have killed him today.....

Is Sampson playing this game in protest over Devoe's leaving or did he drink a bunch of codein laced cough syrup before tipoff...he looks stoned.

Also, why is it that Tubby is the only one who can't seem to see the benefit of having RW post up?

Assclown = you

His dad played the same way. Did you ever see him play? Dispassionate look in his eyes, keeping his emotions in check. The apple does not fall far from the tree.

I don't see why Sampson keeps getting more minutes over Iverson. If he is playing good then fine he deserves it but Iverson was playing better today.

Colton 12 mins, 4 pts, 0-2 fg, 4-4 ft, 3 rbs, 1 ast, 1blk, 2 to
Ralph 32 mins, 4 pts, 1-4 fg, 2-4 ft, 3 rbs, 1 stl, 3 blks, 0 to

To me Colton works way harder out there and was way more productive out there tonight but Tubby wont give him any minutes. One of his turnovers he was fouled on the top of the key. Just stating what I saw tonight

I seriously wonder if he doesn't suffer from social anxiety disorder like Ricky Williams or something similar. The variations in his level of intensity are baffling. I get that he's reserved like his dad, but then there are games when he just kills it. One thing is sure, he was right not to choose UVa. He always seems to play worse when his dad is around, and the expectations every night would have killed him. Anyway, he seems like a good guy and I continue to wish for the best.

I don't see why Sampson keeps getting more minutes over Iverson. If he is playing good then fine he deserves it but Iverson was playing better today.

Colton 12 mins, 4 pts, 0-2 fg, 4-4 ft, 3 rbs, 1 ast, 1blk, 2 to
Ralph 32 mins, 4 pts, 1-4 fg, 2-4 ft, 3 rbs, 1 stl, 3 blks, 0 to

To me Colton works way harder out there and was way more productive out there tonight but Tubby wont give him any minutes. One of his turnovers he was fouled on the top of the key. Just stating what I saw tonight

Thought the same thing. I've always liked Iverson more. I assume Tubby had Ralph in there because he is usually a better FT shooter and tends to foul less frequently. They both can be turnover machines so that is a push. I thought it was pretty obvious that Ralph's head wasn't in it tonight.

Play Colton and sit RS on the bench. He lopes down the floor and plays defense like he sitting in a rocking chair. The only shots he takes are the 15 footers or his hook shot. When is the last time he made two free throws in a row? I just want to to kick him in the A__!

Anyway, he seems like a good guy and I continue to wish for the best.

+1

Imagine it can be difficult playing the same position as a famous father. I wonder if his on-court demeanor is also trying to emulate his father or if this is how his father has coached him to play.

During one of the previous games, the announcers were complaining that Trevor was using up too much energy by shouting and pounding his chest. Did seem that Trevor toned it down a little today and had an excellent game. Maybe Ralph can crank it up a little.

Yes! When Ralph is stinking like that I have no clue why RW wouldn't drop down to the 4 and play alongside Mbakwe or Iverson. RW is lost on the perimeter anyway.

everybody talks abuot how ralph is an emotional player. The play tonight that pissed me off was in the 2nd half when Ralph got a huge block. Trevor went over to him and started hitting him in the chest for such a huge play. all the players were giving him pounds. so tubby pulls ralph. Why do you pull an emotional player after such a huge play??? he came back 2 minutes later and the emotion was gone.

Assclown = you

Why Stocker? Are you saying Ralph didn't look completely out of it in the first half...he had guys running past him with the ball and he didn't even turn his head...he played horribly....or was it the belief that RW should post up more? Or are you just a effing troll with no life and no clue?

Yes! When Ralph is stinking like that I have no clue why RW wouldn't drop down to the 4 and play alongside Mbakwe or Iverson. RW is lost on the perimeter anyway.

I agree too - he did manage to post up a couple times tonight and it seemed to work well

Why do we continue to single out players? Do you really think that RSII doesn't care? Doesn't want to win? Isn't emotional on the inside? These are kids playing a frickin game. Not everyone has that fiery external appearnce. Of course I would like RSII to be more "excited" but that just doesn't appear to be his make-up and in most life experiences, its a positive to have that level of calm. I love this kid even though I agree with others that a "mean streak" would suit him well on the basketball court. Lay off the kid.....

Iverson could be the better player of the two if he had hands.
He has more energy.

The problem is, he is a below average catcher.
A below average shooter.
A poor FT shooter.
And he turns the ball over more frequently: Sampson .0534 Turnovers/Minute, Iverson .0787 Turnovers/Minute

Why Stocker? Are you saying Ralph didn't look completely out of it in the first half...he had guys running past him with the ball and he didn't even turn his head...he played horribly....or was it the belief that RW should post up more? Or are you just a effing troll with no life and no clue?

No. I just drank a whole bunch of 'codeine laced cough syrup'. Each player on this team has their good and bad games. Nobody is consistently stellar. As for being a troll? I like to call out players, saying they are high when I don't like the way they are playing. Get real.

I watched the game and then looked at the box to see if RS even played. Ever since they got back from PR when we all thought he had "emerged" he has been a non-factor. I agree with the other poster, Colt at least makes the most of his minutes and looks like he plays with a bit of an attitude. RS is at many times, invisible on the floor.

We are not all saying colt is a better player, we are saying Bench RSIII. Let's motiviate him.

On his demeanor I've always said he reminds me of the chief Robert Parish, and we know he was a toker.

No. I just drank a whole bunch of 'codeine laced cough syrup'. Each player on this team has their good and bad games. Nobody is consistently stellar. As for being a troll? I like to call out players, saying they are high when I don't like the way they are playing. Get real.

Did you watch the game? See the look on his face? Total lack of emotion? Total cluelessness with which he was playing? He looked stoned...and calling a player out for playing lousy and looking unprepared for the game is standard fair on a message board...calling someone else an assclown without backing it up with a reason or evidence is being a troll...troll.

We are not all saying colt is a better player, we are saying bench RSIII. Let's motivate him.
At this point, I have to agree.

Giving Sampson nearly 3x the minutes as Iverson, given the way he's been playing lately, is downright unbelievable. I don't know if Ralph has gotten too comfortable in the starting role or what, but at this point, Iverson definitely deserves more clock, period.

He works harder out there, plays much better defense lately (not relying on just blocking the shot), and takes up way more space underneath. If he stays out of foul trouble, he should be getting at least as much PT as Sampson if they keep playing the way they have recently.

The couple of times RW did it last night he was unstopable. Why don't they work clear outs for both RW and TM and let them score.

Did you watch the game? See the look on his face? Total lack of emotion? Total cluelessness with which he was playing? He looked stoned...and calling a player out for playing lousy and looking unprepared for the game is standard fair on a message board...calling someone else an assclown without backing it up with a reason or evidence is being a troll...troll.

Have you seen any games in the past couple years? That's how Ralph always looks.

RSIII either gets his motor going early, or else he's pretty much a non-factor. I think Colton is better conditioned to come off the bench and contribute. If Ralph came off the bench, I think he'd be more prone to lethargy then he is already. Colton isn't exactly dominating Ralph's average performance, so its not like we're taking minutes away from a major asset here.

His dad played the same way. Did you ever see him play?

Yes, and this is what I remember:

1220_large.jpg

You can look as disinterested as you want while you're winning your Wooden awards :)

Beyond his usual stoic demeaner...against Indiana he truly looked lost at times as the play went on around him...some rebounds he just stood flat footed and looked at the ball while Mbakwe went for it...other times the guy he was defending just walked away from him and he didn't notice...he was just zoned out more than usual...imo.

Ralph

Ralph is due. I would like to see Ralph have a good game against Iowa then step up on the road against Michigan with a big game.

It would be nice for the Gopher to get their first Big 10 road win next week.

People confuse quiet for poor effort or lost.
People look at his name, size, and pedigree and think he should be dominant player.

Let's take him for what he is, a quiet guy who is a solid big man in the big ten. If Ralph Sampson switched names and personalities with Colton iverson but each player did the exact same things on the court…there is a thread about the other guy instead complaining about his bad hands and inconsistent play.

Take it easy and accept Ralph as a solid big ten big man. Don't knit pick because you dislike his personality.

Top Bottom