So far...yuck!

drunkenMNgopher

Section 135
Reaction score
We look bad tonight! Sloppy on offense taking poor shots. Defense has left guys wide open. I'm thinking this team will be lucky to go .500 in the Big 10 this year. And we keep missing easy points in the paint. Ugh!

They've had some bad passes on offense, but other than Indiana's 7-0 run, they have done a MUCH better job closing out on shooters.

Offensively, they are getting it down low which is nice to see.

Chip would make Bobby Knight proud. Utilizing the shot fake constantly.

Mav found his stroke from 3 so far. Gophers defense looks better, offense needs to improve here.

I am beyond confused why the JV team is playing tonight. I almost get the feeling Tubby is just playing around these days since he knows we won't fire him.

If these guys keep playing I'm leaving for the Sugar Bowl party at halftime rather than showing up late.

This is looking ugly, hopefully things get turned around here soon.

I am beyond confused why the JV team is playing tonight. I almost get the feeling Tubby is just playing around these days since he knows we won't fire him.

If these guys keep playing I'm leaving for the Sugar Bowl party at halftime rather than showing up late.

Agreed. Quit f---ing around and play to win the damn game! I know he wants to get the freshmen some practice, but the way he's doing it (3 or 4 at once, often) is beyond ridiculous. Second and third teamers cannot beat Indiana. Often I get the feeling that Devoe, and some others, get frustrated with Tubby's playing time. Perhaps that's part of Devoe's issues (pure speculation). There's little excuse why your top players don't average 35 minutes per game, at least in non-blowouts.

And again.....the Gophers struggle with a half court game. Doesn't matter who's playing.

Tubby's substitution strategy is beyond terrible. They got Dominick Dawson who has played in one other game out there. What a joke. Somehow I knew they would play like this at home against a crap team.

And again.....the Gophers struggle with a half court game. Doesn't matter who's playing.

They are so SLOW moving the ball around the zone. You need to move it quick against a zone, everyone catches it, stands, stands, waits, dribbles, stands ... passes to another guy to do the same thing, either catch and shoot or pass the ball.

They are so SLOW moving the ball around the zone. You need to move it quick against a zone, everyone catches it, stands, stands, waits, dribbles, stands ... passes to another guy to do the same thing, either catch and shoot or pass the ball.

Yep yep yep. You can be patient holding onto the ball in man offense, but against a zone you PASS to beat it. The Gophers' "offense" is all stalling and no ball movement.

There's little excuse why your top players don't average 35 minutes per game, at least in non-blowouts.
Amen to that. At least one veteran guard should always be in the game.

It's sure looking more and more like the Gophers are last year's Michigan. If this team doesn't turn the corner here soon, everyone can start making plans for some exciting NIT basketball at the Barn. :mad:

I seriously cannot watch sampson anymore...I cant wait till him and iverson graduates you cant win with these guys....he has no more excuses anymore hes halfway through his junior season. Even the announcers are getting on his case now saying he needs better effort.

Nice couple moves by Rodney, liked the one after his missed free throw, very smooth.

I seriously cannot watch sampson anymore...I cant wait till him and iverson graduates you cant win with these guys....he has no more excuses anymore hes halfway through his junior season. Even the announcers are getting on his case now saying he needs better effort.

Colton has been playing nice Defense down low, I've got nothing on Ralph.

Rodney is playing great during this stretch. Awesome game.

One more thing:

Another game, yet another opponent without a significant interior offense, and yet another game where the opponent gets wide-open 3-point attempts (and hits).

This is how we should have played ALL game. Nice to see them play with some life. Hopefully can still turn this into a blowout.

This is how we should have played ALL game. Nice to see them play with some life. Hopefully can still turn this into a blowout.

Yeah well I'm not convinced that they will keep it up this game. Fingers crossed that they continue the intensity. They've played with lack of passion way too often this season.

Yeah well I'm not convinced that they will keep it up this game. Fingers crossed that they continue the intensity. They've played with lack of passion way too often this season.

I have to agree.

Where would this team be without Trevor M?

Top Bottom