Dawson

scher215

Reaction score
Dawson getting some early minutes here. This will be interesting to see.

O.K. we've seen him. I hope to never see him again.

I about puked when i saw him on the floor...then after he didn't get that backside rebound I almost throw the remote at the tv because he wasn't taken out...then he tried his best to airball a 2 feet shot...never again unless the 30-30 rule is in effect.

As much as I know that Dom really shouldn't be out on the court, seems a little harsh to rip a kid just trying to help with the obvious lack of depth of big men.

Just my opinion, but I thought Tubby was sending a subtle message reminding the players, in light of the Joseph defection, that this is a TEAM game - and Dawson is part of the TEAM.

I about puked when i saw him on the floor...then after he didn't get that backside rebound I almost throw the remote at the tv because he wasn't taken out...then he tried his best to airball a 2 feet shot...never again unless the 30-30 rule is in effect.

What is it that you know about him that I don't? He certainly looks the part. I know that he is a "project" for Tubby. He is only a redshirt freshman. What am I missing?

What is it that you know about him that I don't? He certainly looks the part. I know that he is a "project" for Tubby. He is only a redshirt freshman. What am I missing?

Nothing really, He's a soph walk-on though.

I was a bit surprised ( shocked ) to see him in there last night. Great to see him get minutes in a Big Ten game but I would have thought we either would have been up or down by 30 before he got in.

Huge props to him. He's a two year walk on and sticking with it. That deserves a lot of credit from us and from the team.

I was a bit surprised ( shocked ) to see him in there last night. Great to see him get minutes in a Big Ten game but I would have thought we either would have been up or down by 30 before he got in.

Huge props to him. He's a two year walk on and sticking with it. That deserves a lot of credit from us and from the team.

I was frustrated last night when I typed that I didn't want to see him again. He's on the team and probably is a good teammate. I'd rather he didn't see action in a tight game, but hopefully he can see some minutes in a blow-out.

Number 4

When I saw #4 in the huddle like he was going on the floor I had to stop and ask myself who the heck is number 4! I for one am glad he got to play. This kid is in school, paying his own freight, and a part of the team. He WANTS to be a Gopher. I applaud him.

:clap::clap::clap:

I don't have anything against him personally, I know bashing a kid playing is bad to do but IMO he should not be playing at this point of his development in a tight big ten game. I've played against him at school many times (i know it's a lot different and they don't try as hard) but he wasn't a whole lot different than any other guy running the court. To me, when he comes in, he should be sprinting the whole time, diving, and boxing out whatever guy he sees...but on the second defensive possession or so, he was backside on a corner shot and he didn't box out and gave up an offensive rebound, which is the one of the worst things in my mind.

Again, nothing against they guy personally, I know he's a walkon and obviously enjoys playing for the gophers, but lets all agree, we might have had a better option to put out there at that moment...(and for everyone that pulls the "he pays his own way and wants to be a gopher", I know there are a load of kids who'd love to pay their way and be on the gophers roster, pretty much everyone on here would do it given the opportunity)

With the loss of Walker, Tubby had to find out if Dawson could give the team some minutes to rest Mbakwe. Simple as that.

I don't have anything against him personally, I know bashing a kid playing is bad to do but IMO he should not be playing at this point of his development in a tight big ten game. I've played against him at school many times (i know it's a lot different and they don't try as hard) but he wasn't a whole lot different than any other guy running the court.

a guy 6'7" 240 wasn't any different than the kids you normally run with? He looked really good in some of the howard pulley games this summer against much tougher competition than you play against in pickup ball. He can play at this level, but let's hope he doesn't have to due to further injuries to our other posts.

Testing...testing ...and rewarding for working hard in practice...give the kid his two minutes.

I've played against him at school many times (i know it's a lot different and they don't try as hard) but he wasn't a whole lot different than any other guy running the court.

You apparently play in the most competitive pickup games ever. I have heard a lot about the U's intramurals but I didn't realize that so many guys there could walk-on to a Big 10 team. Maybe more of you should get scholarships to mid-majors and division 2 schools. I bet they would love you...or else maybe you and your pickup ball friends could start traveling the nation playing teams. You'd be really good since you're all basically walk-on caliber players for a top 25 division 1 team

Its hard to replicate game speed in practice...thats why it can be so hard for Fr to play effectively.

Dawson has a great body and I can't believe he would be on the team if he didn't have skills...he just needs to get game time experience so the game can slow down a bit and come to him...if Mo hadn't played so well coming in...I think Dawson would have gotten more minutes in the early season...but Mo did play well until he got hurt...now we have no choice but to bring Dawson into games...close or not. We are going to need his fouls and minutes at some point during the Big Ten Season...and if one more of our bigs goes down with an injury...these minutes might mean the difference.

Top Bottom