Is a shorter bench a good thing?

GopherinPhilly

Reaction score
To start...I am not a big Devoe fan...I find his offensive game disruptive in the half court...love him in transition when we can run...but against the top teams...we can't run....so Devoe is not as helpful.

That said, I have always felt we are a better team when Tubby shortens his bench and we play our better players more...and end the line change substitutions.

With the lose of Mo (very sad...loved his game) and Devoe...can we get a more cohesive and productive team by shortening our bench? Will Rodney be more productive because he isn't afraid of getting pulled every other possession? Will Blake continue to be productive running the point when we have the FR on the floor? Can Nolan stay healthy with the extra minutes?

My opinion...if we can stay healthy...by year end, we will be a better team without Devoe and by playing Armelin and Hollins more with a comfortable and aggressive RW.

I see us 10-8 in the conference with at least 1 big ten tourney win and a 7 or 8 seed in the dance...with a good win and an upset win in the 2nd round...sweet 16 still in our grasp.

It would be if the guys you were dropping off the end of the bench were your 10 and 11 guys....not your best scorer.

It would be if the guys you were dropping off the end of the bench were your 10 and 11 guys....not your best scorer.

Best scorer? Or best at creating his own shot to score? I think our best scorer is whoever is having a good game. On any given day Ralph, Blake, Trevor or Devoe is our best scorer. Most consistent I would say is not Devoe but he is definitely the best at scoring off the dribble and in 1 on 1 situations.

We definitly need to start becoming a team with a shorter bench. Only 7-8 guys should really be playing.

This team is already only 9 deep (excluding Dawson who has played a grand total of one game) already now with Big Mo out for the year, and now no Devoe. There's not a ton of depth to go to now at this point. Health is gonna be a HUGE piece to this season at this point. The shorter bench is gonna be a given.

Top Bottom