Myron blog: Are the Gophers better without Devoe?; program has taken a reputation hit

Yet all the national writers are still high on Minnesota. The disconnect between how folks around MN see the program and how national folks do is pretty intense.

Wow...I'm away from internet access for about 4 days, log on to GH to see all the news/threads about Devoe.

My initial reaction was a bit of indifference. I think Myron actually sums up my opinion pretty well. We are probably worse off short term, better off long term. We have some pretty good replacements coming next year :)

did I miss the announcement of the plans being finalized for the $25million dollar practice facility? Myron uses the phrase like its more of a done deal than ever before

did I miss the announcement of the plans being finalized for the $25million dollar practice facility? Myron uses the phrase like its more of a done deal than ever before

I was thinking the same thing, I dont think the practice facility will ever be built.

lol

Most of this I agree with but I was ROTFLMAO at this bit...

But the program's rep has taken a hit nationally over the last few seasons with all of the drama. And seeing key players leave can't help recruiting.

Heck, before that we were academic cheaters of the first order! Seems to me we have improved our rep for not allowing sub-standard off court junk.

If players want to screw around and run the team, go elsewhere. I am ok with that.

This team WILL miss Devoe

He takes way too much heat for poor defense. I think he plays defense as hard as he can, but does not have outstanding lateral quickness and thus gets beat off the dribble by shorter quicker point guards. He has an attitude on offense that this team sorely needs and an ability to score with guys in his face. That said, Devoe is a career 39% FG shooter at the U and someone like Hollins may be more than an adequate replacement. Hard to say.

PT issues like this arise; I can see Devoe's position on the matter-and Tubby's. Devoe feels he needs to move on to be more of a star-type player, and I wish him the best. Gophers will be fine long term. This is why its important to have depth.

Top Bottom