Devoe's Minutes

Reaction score
Devoe was playing 25 minutes a game. How does everybody think his minutes should/will be divided?

Blake's just short of 34 minutes, so I don't think he could take too many more. Al plays 29.6 minutes, and I'd assume he'll end up with the same minutes as Blake now.

I'd say the bulk should go to Rodney, if his play warrants it (which is a game-to-game thing with Rodney). But he should definitely get a longer leash and be allowed to play more freely, without getting yanked after one mistake. Rodney currently plays 21.2 minutes; I think that should go up towards the 27-28 minute range.

So that would divide half of Devoe's minutes to Al/Rodney (and maybe one or two more to Blake). That leaves the other half to be split between Austin and Chip (I don't think Mav should play more--he's not terrible, he just doesn't bring anything extra to the line-up). Right now, Austin get 15 minutes and Chip gets 10. I'd split the open minutes evenly, putting Chip at 15-16 and Austin and around 20. But a lot of it should go to whichever one has the hotter hand.

Thoughts? And, how confident are you in what will be the new rotations?

Devoe was playing 25 minutes a game. How does everybody think his minutes should/will be divided?

Blake's just short of 34 minutes, so I don't think he could take too many more. Al plays 29.6 minutes, and I'd assume he'll end up with the same minutes as Blake now.

I'd say the bulk should go to Rodney, if his play warrants it (which is a game-to-game thing with Rodney). But he should definitely get a longer leash and be allowed to play more freely, without getting yanked after one mistake. Rodney currently plays 21.2 minutes; I think that should go up towards the 27-28 minute range.

So that would divide half of Devoe's minutes to Al/Rodney (and maybe one or two more to Blake). That leaves the other half to be split between Austin and Chip (I don't think Mav should play more--he's not terrible, he just doesn't bring anything extra to the line-up). Right now, Austin get 15 minutes and Chip gets 10. I'd split the open minutes evenly, putting Chip at 15-16 and Austin and around 20. But a lot of it should go to whichever one has the hotter hand.

Thoughts? And, how confident are you in what will be the new rotations?

(Hypothetically)

F Williams 20-25 and Mbakwe 25-30 minutes.
C Sampson 25-30 and Iverson 20-25 minutes.
G Hoffarber 30-35 and Nolen 30-35 minutes, Hollins 15-20, Armelin 10-15, Ahanmisi 5-10 minutes.

I'd say that Armelin's minutes will go up; he's been playing some good ball lately.

Freshmen

I have to agree with FOT. The freshmen will benefit by getting more minutes. The one upside to the timing is we have a home game against one of the weaker Big Ten teams.

Hollins and Chip have shown some good spurts and hopefully Mav will settle in a bit with more floor time.

F Williams 20-25 and Mbakwe 25-30 minutes.
C Sampson 25-30 and Iverson 20-25 minutes.
G Hoffarber 30-35 and Nolen 30-35 minutes, Hollins 15-20, Armelin 10-15, Ahanmisi 5-10 minutes.

The freshmen can shoot. We need shooters. I don't think the defense will suffer.

The biggest minus due to the loses of Mo and Devoe is going to be lack of depth. You need a bench to give the floor players a rest now and then. You need them to pick up the slack when someone gets in foul trouble.

Top Bottom