Shama: Apple Valley Star Point Guard Still Sidelined

I talked to Rob Jones, Tyus' dad tonight. He said that Tyus will be out at least a few more weeks. His kidney is still bruised and the concern is that Tyus, who plays at 100% all the time, could re-injure himself diving for a loose ball. The feeling is that rather than rush him back that by taking their time this will allow him to be at 100%. The hope is also that his teammates will continue to grow without him in the lineup and that the team will be even stronger when he comes back.

He said that Iowa is his only official offer, but other teams such as Minnesota have certainly made it known that they would love to have him when he enters college. Jones had been looking forward to play against Marcus Paige. The two meet over the summer and they are probably two of the top point guards in the Midwest (and to be honest, in my opinion) in the country.

I had to admit that I know the family well and used to play with and against Rob and Tyus' mom, Deb, who was a heck of a player as well, back in the day and love watching Tyus play.

I'm hoping for a complete recovery and I am looking forward to seeing him on the court soon.

Chris Monter

Top Bottom