are you concerned with latest devoe issue?

• Total voters

Go4

Reaction score

Wait...Izzo and Bo don't have off court issues???
The UW robbery ring and Chris Allen and Korie Lucious disagree.

Wait...Izzo and Bo don't have off court issues???
The UW robbery ring and Chris Allen and Korie Lucious disagree.

bo lost a couple of freshman before they played a minute.

Haha, Izzo is a pretty horrible example after the last year.

Not sure how someone can answer this in regards to Tubby's role unless they are some sort of insider. Why did Devoe skip a practice? How has Tubby been reacting towards Devoe in the past few months? What was the breaking point? Playing Time? Devoe's attitude? Tubby's attitude? How big a factor is academics? How big a factor is rumored drug use?

I would assume that every Gopher fan is concerned with the situation if it means Devoe is not going to play because he's one of the few guys who can score on this team.

We need Devoe badly for his ability to create shots among many other things. Yes, I am concerned because we keeping being close to having something special and blowing it with some kind of issues whether they are academic, character, stealing, beating etc...

No. Once this type of stuff happens it's like a force of nature. It's completely out of my control, and there isn't anything I or anyone else can do to stop it. So why bother to worry about it?

I voted "sort of concerned" and that is because I am "sort of concerned" for Devoe Joseph the human being off the floor in addition to the overall good of the Gopher BB Team. Other than that, I totally agree with Blizzard and his comment about dealing with things out of my control.

Go Gophers!!!!!

As was stated, Izzo not a good example of stability in a program. Yet, he is viewed as a good/great coach. Hmmm.

That's becaus izzo can win with inferior talent, look at last years team. He did it without Lucas! And the nat'l title runner up. Winning talks.

it's one person in an enrollment of 60,000+, do you worry over each person who flunks out? gets drugged out? or just can't afford it? be adults, you're not at home anymore, move forward, get your degree because only a spare handful become pros in sports and Devoe won't be one of them anymore than a starting guard who lived in the dorm room next to me in '71-'73. get that free ride education from a world class university

I'm concerned simply because we're losing quality scholarship players at bad times, making it difficult to make up for them. Last season we lost three scholarship guys unexpectedly and it led late scrambling which is time lost on the following recruiting class. Now we gotta go after another scholly this season, though him leaving at this point is better than later, we might still be able to get a nice pickup. But it's just time spent wasted on recruiting players to replace ones that were supposed to be here already. That's not good.

I'm not concerned about Tubby or his discipline. I am concerned that Devoe seems to have trouble following team rules. Whether he is a Gopher or not, Devoe needs to get his head on straight and realize that the world does not revolve around him.

I'm concerned that Tubby sometimes seems hell bent on not having anyone be anything more than a role player on his teams. It's ok to let someone be the star of the team, Tubby. Other coaches seem to be able to work through a player getting a little bit of the TV time now and again.

chief

I'm concerned that Tubby sometimes seems hell bent on not having anyone be anything more than a role player on his teams. It's ok to let someone be the star of the team, Tubby. Other coaches seem to be able to work through a player getting a little bit of the TV time now and again.

Devoe did not play at a high enough level consistantly enough to be called "a star". He had a good run at the end of last year and then this year happened.

Suggesting Tubby only wants role players on his team is silly, IMHO.

We have an obligation to try to help these kids not just keep them on the floor.

I guess Tubby is going after top talent which he should, but each year he has a new problem. This year its Joseph, last year it was Royce Williams and Mbakwe.

At some point could we have a season without these distractions?

Haha most 'top' programs have off court issues seems to come with the territory...maybe all this is a good sign? lol...who am i kidding.

These issues are intentional and the sign of a Hall of Fame coach who knows what he's doing. I suspect this will bring the team together and elevate their game to another 6th place B10 finish.

Top Bottom