Devoe may transfer-Strib article

You seriously didn't see any of the other links on this board on this topic?

You seriously felt a need to comment?

Thanks for the post station19. I had not seen the StarTrib article.

According to USAFChief, he is sick of me bitching about bitchers bitching, yet some bitch about a new thread with new information and, and, and, the bitchers get bitched at for bitching. To quote Chief from the "StribBitchBlogs", we need to quit looking thru maroon colored glasses and/or stop drinking the kool-aid.

I agree with station19 in the fact that an actual news article takes precedent over some tweets. The only tweeters I care about are carried around by females.

Thanks for the link, station19, I had not seen the Strib article till now either. Keep up the good experience that is referred to by some pups as being old. :)

Because making sure an article not yet linked to has its own thread is a huge deal. You must really hate BleedGopher. :rolleyes:
Haha! Alright, maybe I jumped on him...I thought the Strib link was already posted. :eek:

However, back to the issue at hand, 1500AM Radio is reporting that Joseph told Tubby that he's transferring. They reported this an hour or so ago?

If this is true, Doogie seems to have gotten the official scoop first?

GoldyLove, why did you have to refer to 1500AM radio report that Bleed already posted before you? I guess what is good for the goose is good for the gander?

GoldyLove, why did you have to refer to 1500AM radio report that Bleed already posted before you? I guess what is good for the goose is good for the gander?
Notice the minute difference in posts. I was writing mine, and posted it. It appears we both submitted at around the same time...little different than around 200 posts about the same thing being up for 3 hours already, but point taken nonetheless.

Relax guys on ShowinGoldyLove, he's a great poster, why are we so hard on our own?

I think what's happening is the reports are getting crossed. Doogie's article is no more definitive than Myron's, and probably are the same source.

Go Gophers!!

Haha! Alright, maybe I jumped on him...I thought the Strib link was already posted. :eek:

However, back to the issue at hand, 1500AM Radio is reporting that Joseph told Tubby that he's transferring. They reported this an hour or so ago?

Myron reported it a 3:38. Doogie is late to the party.

"Multiple sources told the Star Tribune that Joseph has told the team that he plans to transfer."

Relax guys on ShowinGoldyLove, he's a great poster, why are we so hard on our own?

I think what's happening is the reports are getting crossed. Doogie's article is no more definitive than Myron's, and probably are the same source.

Go Gophers!!

Bleed, I love giving $hit to people who give people $hit. I take a lot of $hit, I throw a lot of $hit, so I figure I am about even with the board. I agree the GoldyLove is a great poster, as are 74.7% of the posters on GopherHole.

Go Gophers!!!

Doogie's article is no more definitive than Myron's, and probably are the same source.

Myron reported it a 3:38. Doogie is late to the party.

"Multiple sources told the Star Tribune that Joseph has told the team that he plans to transfer."
Hi guys, maybe I misinterpreted then? I thought Myron reported that Devoe told the "team" that he "plans" to transfer. However, I thought he had an actual meeting with Tubby later in the day according to the articles, and Doogie reported that Devoe told Tubby that he IS transferring. That seems to be more definitive? Or maybe it's just miscommunication/bad interpretation?

Hi guys, maybe I misinterpreted then? I thought Myron reported that Devoe told the "team" that he "plans" to transfer. However, I thought he had an actual meeting with Tubby later in the day according to the articles, and Doogie reported that Devoe told Tubby that he IS transferring. That seems to be more definitive? Or maybe it's just miscommunication/bad interpretation?

Ahh, that could be. We'll probably have to wait for a facebook post/tweet, errr, I mean an official release from the U before we know for sure. But these things haven't gone in our favor lately so if the kid wants out, no reason to hold him here. He may be following the same path as his AAU coach, Leo Rautins who started out here and transferred to Syracuse. Let's hope Big Mo sticks it out.

Go Gophers!!

Read again: "Suspended for skipping a recent practice, Joseph informed coach Tubby Smith on Monday afternoon he plans to transfer"

You think Devoe held a secret team meeting and told everyone but Tubby?

Tubby and team are interchangeable.

I don't think Devoe is coming back, but there is no new info.

Read again: "Suspended for skipping a recent practice, Joseph informed coach Tubby Smith on Monday afternoon he plans to transfer"

You think Devoe held a secret team meeting and told everyone but Tubby?

Tubby and team are interchangeable.

I don't think Devoe is coming back, but there is no new info.
Ah...I didn't see the first quote denoting he told Tubby. Thanks for clearing it up.

I hope more often than not that the official beat guy, who lives and breathes this team for work, would beat me... I spent most of today on the Frazier front. But as always, want to make sure story is right, never care about being first. Tubby is still trying to convince Devoe to change his mind. Story not over yet.

But as always, want to make sure story is right, never care about being first.

No winking, smiley face? You can't possibly say that with a straight face. You spent about 5 years on the radio bitching about radio/tv guys in town never breaking stories. You're obsessed with being first.

More power to you, I say as well. Just don't pretend you aren't all about "breaking" stories. You'd like them to be right, but it's not your main concern and never has been.

Tubby is still trying to convince Devoe to change his mind. Story not over yet.
That doesn't sound like Tubby does it? Since when does a coach try to "convince" a player to change his mind? If Joseph doesn't want to be here, why would Tubby go crawling back to him and try to get him to reconsider? How would he do that? Talk about what he'd be leaving, promise more playing time, what?

Now, I don't want to lose Joseph here, but from a keeping order/respect point of view, why wouldn't Tubby take a similar tact like he did with White, Mbakwe, etc. and basically outline what it takes to play for this team, not kowtow to any one player?

No winking, smiley face? You can't possibly say that with a straight face. You spent about 5 years on the radio bitching about radio/tv guys in town never breaking stories. You're obsessed with being first.

More power to you, I say as well. Just don't pretend you aren't all about "breaking" stories. You'd like them to be right, but it's not your main concern and never has been.

Here's what I'm obsessed with right now: making sure I'm a great dad in a few weeks. Work-wise, no doubt, among the 4 TV stations, and I know one other of them extremely well from 4 years there, we (ch. 5) work the hardest on finding stories. Work-wise, what I am "all about" is making sure I tell good stories, I edit good stories, and I produce good stories that visually look good, and make the bosses happy. I have a Wolves-related shoot on Wed. for a few hours. It has nothing to do with breaking news, but if done right, will be a great visual story. That's what excites me. If I were Myron or Marcus, and had a beat, then breaking stories would excite me.

Do we really need to start copying and pasting your football coaching search tweets?

According to USAFChief, he is sick of me bitching about bitchers bitching, yet some bitch about a new thread with new information and, and, and, the bitchers get bitched at for bitching. To quote Chief from the "StribBitchBlogs", we need to quit looking thru maroon colored glasses and/or stop drinking the kool-aid.

I agree with station19 in the fact that an actual news article takes precedent over some tweets. The only tweeters I care about are carried around by females.

Thanks for the link, station19, I had not seen the Strib article till now either. Keep up the good experience that is referred to by some pups as being old. :)

In case anyone is interested, I've decided to have a cocktail now.

Doc; we should probably get together for lunch one of these days...YOU OLD GOAT.;)

COLD BEER> THAN WARM BEER-WARM BEER=NO ICE FOR GIN!

My sources aren't as reliable as Doogie's, but mine tell me Devoe either will transfer or he won't transfer.

My sources aren't as reliable as Doogie's, but mine tell me Devoe either will transfer or he won't transfer.

Touche, Hodger. In all of this dog doo-doo, I see no real information on Devoe's status. For what it's worth, I never see the value of a transfer as a junior. He would be leaving for one semester in his senior year with a team he is unfamiliar with. Makes no sense to me, but I am not a ticked off 21 year old kid, either. If Tubby is trying to change his mind, I suspect that is the argument. It is just a bad idea for him. Tubby does not strike me as one who would beg a player to hang around. If he was, he would have grovelled with Royce. He does strike me as a guy who wants the best for his players, and keeping him from transferring would be acting in that interest.

On the bright side, it certainly appears the new recruits have more stability than some of the current guys. I feel terrible for the Blake's, Raplh's, Colt's, etc. who take care of business and want to be succesful and have live through this drama.

That doesn't sound like Tubby does it? Since when does a coach try to "convince" a player to change his mind? If Joseph doesn't want to be here, why would Tubby go crawling back to him and try to get him to reconsider? How would he do that? Talk about what he'd be leaving, promise more playing time, what?

Now, I don't want to lose Joseph here, but from a keeping order/respect point of view, why wouldn't Tubby take a similar tact like he did with White, Mbakwe, etc. and basically outline what it takes to play for this team, not kowtow to any one player?

Because Tubby still wants Devoe to succeed, even if they are having issues. If Devoe feels this is his ONLY option, Tubby will let him walk. But, it hurts Devoe more than anything to transfer. It hurts him more than the team. You don't transfer half way through your Jr. year. It's just not worth it rarely works out well. Tubby will try to convince Devoe of this, hope that Devoe will use his time off to study hard, and spend lots of time in the gym, lifting, shooting, getting quicker, etc. and come back next year (without sitting out any of it) and play a solid role leading Andre, Joe and the other guards.

Top Bottom