Joseph out long-term?

thats a kick in the nuts...here to hoping al nolen stays healthy AND keeps eligible.

Seems like we always have a guy out on academic issues. Very frustrating.

What the heck does "long term" mean? Like 5 games, the rest of the year, or forever?

I honestly just don't understand Devoe Joseph. Not playing, playing, not playing, what the heck is going on with him?! Grades, other issues; what?

My guess is grades and attitude. I hope someone steps up as a leader because I don't want him as our leader next year.

Looks like Chip's playing time just went up. Oh well... guess its time to soldier on... It will be interesting to see what the real deal is with Devoe.

At least we have experience with these things.:rolleyes:

You heard it here first: if all this is true, then Devoe will leave the team within the week and look to transfer.

I hope I'm wrong, because he is a valuable cog, but it would follow the trend...a player in trouble multiple times leaves, hoping for a fresh start. And he does have a brother at Texas...I'm just sayin'.

Besides, someone else out there would figure to give him a chance to jack up fadeaway threes on a regular basis.

???

I had to double check. At first I thought this was an old thread bumped back to life.

This baffles me. WTF is all that comes to mind.

:mad::confused::mad::confused:

If true, next man up. All you can do is play with what you have, and (presumably) with guys that want to be part of this team. Beat IU.

No ONE player makes or breaks a team. If indeed Devoe is in academic problems, his life and studies are more important that playing BB. If he gone, someone will step up. Who??? Maybe time for RW to take the bull by the horns.

Here's hoping this is a one-game message from Tubby that "I'm still in charge." Somehow, I don't get that feeling though.

Devoe has left a lot to desired this year. I thought he was great last year expecially towards the end of the season but this year his play has gotten sloppy and he's turned into a chucker. Once we get Hollins and Coleman in here I could care less if he leaves the program. We'll be young in the back court next year but I'd be fine going with Hollins, Hollins, Chip, Coleman, Mav, Oto, and Rodney at PG-SF. Maybe we could even get a Juco PG to come in and help Mav and Hollins at PG. Hopefully Joesph gets his act together and fine tunes his game, but I'm not holding my breath.

It could be worse.

Remember that without question the team played better without Devoe in the lineup this year.

Since Devoe's returned, the best team performance was the loss at Wisconsin and that says something about how poorly the team has played since late November.

Grades were due today, weren't they?

If it were grades though, would he just be out for the semester, like Nolen was? It was indefinitely. I also want to say he was suspended on the 1st day of Spring Semester, which would make Devoe able to play for about 2 more weeks.

Maverick Ahamnisi

Yes.. he will get more minutes but I think the point duties in big games will be Nolen's load all game and we can have Blake, Chip, Austin do a hybrid point system when he needs rest. Should be interesting.

If it were grades though, would he just be out for the semester, like Nolen was? It was indefinitely. I also want to say he was suspended on the 1st day of Spring Semester, which would make Devoe able to play for about 2 more weeks.

Guessing this is related to the same problems that kept him out earlier. Academics will be cited...but I think we can safely say there probably are other factors that we can all guess at. Gotta luv pure speculation!

Guessing this is related to the same problems that kept him out earlier. Academics will be cited...but I think we can safely say there probably are other factors that we can all guess at. Gotta luv pure speculation!

I'm with ya - but am still snooping around to see if I can find anything out ;)

I'll speculate.

Indefintely = until he stops peeing doobie juice

You heard it here first: if all this is true, then Devoe will leave the team within the week and look to transfer.

I hope I'm wrong, because he is a valuable cog, but it would follow the trend...a player in trouble multiple times leaves, hoping for a fresh start. And he does have a brother at Texas...I'm just sayin'.

Besides, someone else out there would figure to give him a chance to jack up fadeaway threes on a regular basis.

Cory will be long gone from Texas by the time Devoe would be eligible to play there. Cory is most likely gone after this year in fact.

Yes.. he will get more minutes but I think the point duties in big games will be Nolen's load all game and we can have Blake, Chip, Austin do a hybrid point system when he needs rest. Should be interesting.

Yeah this is right I think. Hoff will play the point when Nolen is out and Chip and Hollins get the Devoe minutes. Good grief.

Let's hope Nolen's foot doesn't flare back up- that would be a major problem now.

Word is...

...that this is definitely about more than academics.

It could be worse.

Remember that without question the team played better without Devoe in the lineup this year.

Since Devoe's returned, the best team performance was the loss at Wisconsin and that says something about how poorly the team has played since late November.

I'm afraid I have to agree. Something strange is going on with Devoe. Before we panic we might want to find out what 'indefinite' is. One game, career or somewhere in between.

...that this is definitely about more than academics.

My money is on attitude issues. It's a pretty safe bet that Devoes role has not worked out like he imagined after leading the team late last year. No way to know but that seems logical.

My money is on attitude issues. It's a pretty safe bet that Devoes role has not worked out like he imagined after leading the team late last year. No way to know but that seems logical.

I agree.

Top Bottom