badgers lost to illinois? wow

Go4

Reaction score
so it's tough to win on the road against tough teams in the big ten? who'da thunk it? obviously not most around here this week.

The Badgers always lose at the Kohl Center though. It's unacceptable to lose there.

Yep you guys are right its perfectly fine to lose those hard away games everytime...lets just be happy with where we've been the last few years and not take any steps forward

Yep you guys are right its perfectly fine to lose those hard away games everytime...lets just be happy with where we've been the last few years and not take any steps forward

The biggest indicator of steps forward will be taking care of the top teams at home and not losing games to the teams at the bottom of the conference.

I expect this team to win 3/4 of their home games against Purdue, Mich St., Ohio St., and Illinois.

Have you watched this team the last couple years? We were getting blown out on the road by top big ten teams. If you don't think there have been signs of progress this year, you are insane.

Yes there is some improvement but not a whole lot...last year @ mich state we played about the same as we did this year..and 2 years ago we won @wisc when the badgers had a better team than they do now. We also won @illinois last year which isnt easy. So we will see i guess. It all comes down to if you want to finish in the top 2 or 3 in the big 10 your gonna have to win a couple tough road games....

B10 formula

I think it was Hodger who came up with this formula for winning the B10, or at least staying in contention.

+1 for a road win
-1 for a home loss
0 for a home win or road loss

Gophs are currently at an even par 0 which is just fine but stealing one of the last 2 would have been HUUUUUGE.

B10 champs last year were at +5

O$U +1
Penn St. +1
Purdon't +1
Illinois +1
Gophs 0
Becky 0
Sparty 0
NU 0
Meat Chicken -1
Iowegia -1
Indiana -2

We did steal a home win against Cornell and South Dakota, so the signs of progress are all there.

2 years ago we won @wisc when the badgers had a better team than they do now.

You mean the one that went 20-13 and was a 12 seed? I'm having a hard time believing that Badgers team is even as good as this year's, let alone better.

Here's a stat: this last week, ranked teams playing at home went 31-1; in games between two ranked teams, the home team went 6-1.

That type of stuff doesn't matter though. We should win every road game against ranked opponents.

Really, let's just mail in the rest of the year. Once you lose at Michigan State and at Wisconsin, your goose is cooked. Clearly, this team is treading water and will never get better: that's the only conclusion to come to after losing two of the three toughest games on your schedule.

Here's a stat: this last week, ranked teams playing at home went 31-1; in games between two ranked teams, the home team went 6-1.

That type of stuff doesn't matter though. We should win every road game against ranked opponents.

Really, let's just mail in the rest of the year. Once you lose at Michigan State and at Wisconsin, your goose is cooked. Clearly, this team is treading water and will never get better: that's the only conclusion to come to after losing two of the three toughest games on your schedule.

Listen, the way this team has struggled against Cornell and So Dak they will be hard pressed to beat B10 teams at home, much less on the road. We should have blown out both these teams at home yet they stayed in the game until the end. I do not like our chances against better competition, be it at home or away.

Listen, the way this team has struggled against Cornell and So Dak they will be hard pressed to beat B10 teams at home, much less on the road. We should have blown out both these teams at home yet they stayed in the game until the end. I do not like our chances against better competition, be it at home or away.

I would the suggest that you would be better off spending your time training for the chess team instead of following the Gophers.

I'm not sure I get the point of this thread. Are we seriously arguing that because Illinois won at home against Wisconsin that the Gophers can't beat good teams?

I'm not sure I get the point of this thread. Are we seriously arguing that because Illinois won at home against Wisconsin that the Gophers can't beat good teams?

Wisconsin (Good Team) lost on the road to Illiniois (Good Team)

Meaning that MInnesota (Good Team) losing on the road to Wisconsin / MSU (Good Team(s)) on the road is not the end of the world, as the above example shows, it seems to happen more than once, and to more teams besides those called Gophers.

Because waiting to see if the team improves its play is a silly idea. I mean, that would get in the way of a perfectly good freakout!!!

Top Bottom