Preview of My weekly Bracketology

jjgopher

Reaction score
Starting tomorrow, and every Monday thereafter, I'll be doing a Bracketology like I have in the past years. I've done a couple so far this year, and seeded teams based on how they've played and where I thought they were predicted to be come March Madness. Starting tomorrow, I will be seeding them based on the results to date (as if Selection Sunday started today). That being said.....

I can tell you right now, in tomorrow's Bracketology, the Gophers won't be a double digit seed. They won't be one of the last 4 in or on the bubble. They won't even be close. Just something I thought i'd throw out there for those who think they are going to have a hard time making the tournament.

Kind of related, Lunardi's bracketology for this week is up.

1. OSU
2. Purdue
4. Illinois
5. MSU
5. Wisconsin
7. Minnesota

NW first four out, Michigan next four out.

"...I can tell you right now, in tomorrow's Bracketology, the Gophers won't be a double digit seed. They won't be one of the last 4 in or on the bubble. They won't even be close. Just something I thought i'd throw out there for those who think they are going to have a hard time making the tournament."

I've been reading the comments of the last few days and thinking the very same thing. In fact, I sincerely doubt if the paradigm of the past, (trying to justify a tournament bid) isn't merely an antiquated outgrown paradigm with objectives that we are beyond.

With the coaching staff and talent that the gophers have now and that we can see coming in the future, we should be assuming the team is always a single didget NCAA seed and always a possible, if not probable, conference champion and confererence tourmament semifinalist or winner. With Tubby at the helm, that should be part of the program culture. Not just something that we hope to acheive once or twice during his tenure.

I anticipate that as the Gopher BB program developes a culture of success, we fans will be able to deal with disappointments and setbacks secure in the knowledge that the organization will overcome and it is ultimately a place to learn, grow, and succeed. Such culture development should be evidenced by success on the floor and in the enjoyment and sense of accomplishment that we all derive from that success.

Not withstanding AD shortcomings. That's where I believed we were headed under Clem and that's where I'm convinced we are headed now.

Top Bottom