Chip Armelin

KyGopherfan

Reaction score
I know that Chip is not a stat stuffer, but boy, when he's out on the floor he's very active and just seems to be more involved in the game than Rodney. Rodney will be playing and I wouldn't know it. Chip is just out there trying to make stuff happen. He reminds me a lot as Gerald Fitch under Tubby at UK when he was a freshmen. Fitch would come in off the bench and just make a name for himself as a freshman by doing the little things, diving after balls, rebounds, etc. Just trying to make a difference in the game instead of being passive. I wouldn't mind seeing Chip getting a lot more PT.

I know that Chip is not a stat stuffer, but boy, when he's out on the floor he's very active and just seems to be more involved in the game than Rodney. Rodney will be playing and I wouldn't know it. Chip is just out there trying to make stuff happen. He reminds me a lot as Gerald Fitch under Tubby at UK when he was a freshmen. Fitch would come in off the bench and just make a name for himself as a freshman by doing the little things, diving after balls, rebounds, etc. Just trying to make a difference in the game instead of being passive. I wouldn't mind seeing Chip getting a lot more PT.

Good comparison but Fitch started at UK from mid-December 2000 through March 2004.

Fitch was not a bench player.

Armelin is a little out of position playing the 3 position. There are some teams that could really take advantage of that. He helped against Michigan State though.

Chip played 15 minutes vs MSU. Austin Hollins played 4 minutes and Rodney got 26 minutes. Mav dnp.

Rodney will be playing and I wouldn't know it. Chip is just out there trying to make stuff happen. I wouldn't mind seeing Chip getting a lot more PT.

Agreed. Rodney is giving the team very little right now. If he's into the game and aggressively taking the ball to the hole he is a weapon, if not, he is very ordinary and doensn't contribute much. I want to see more of Armelin... and an agressive Rodney.

I am all for both Chip and Austin getting some more PT. I love Rodney's jumping and dunks as much as the other guy, but the truth is he's hurting us on offense if he's not able to get to the rim with his lack of a true jumpshot. I mean at least Austin has proven to hit a corner three every once in a while. And other than Kalin Lucas picking Chip's pocket Friday, I thought he really helped the team.

Rodney is shooting about 50% from 3 pt range..............as in, about half of those shots are air-balls.

Chip is my favorite freshman right now. Love his attitude.

Wish granted. Devoe out- Chip in.

Chip is my favorite freshman right now. Love his attitude.

How do you like his shooting? (4 of 21 on threes for 19%, 4 of 10 at the FT line)

How do you like his ball-handling? (9 assists vs 11 turnovers)

How do you like his shooting? (4 of 21 on threes for 19%, 4 of 10 at the FT line)

How do you like his ball-handling? (9 assists vs 11 turnovers)

Overall he is shooting fine- almost 50%. When your minutes are sporadic there will be issues with consistency but this kid has some great potential. He's not afraid to do things proactively. Minute for minute he has been as productive as Joseph in every category except assists and there point shooting. More productive in rebounding and assists and certainly on defense than Joseph. For me- he's the guy that should see a lot more minutes.

Top Bottom