Tired of the Jr. High Posters

XMan

Reaction score
We beat North Carolina and WVA and we have posters wondering if we are as good as the final 4 team and spouting about how unbelievably good the team is.

Then we lose on the road to two ranked big ten teams and we have posters saying how much we suck and that we are doomed again.

We are fine. I still think we place in the top 4 or 5.

Gets old.

Those wins looked a lot better at the time. I don't see either UNC or WV making the tournament. Both teams will rack up losses in their respective conferences. As I type this, WV loses at Marquette just a few days after losing at home to......St. John's???

Everyone talks about how tough Wis. and Mich. are to beat at home, but weren't we ranked higher than Wis. when we lost to them. So I guess rankings mean nothing since you just can not expect to beat a team that is ranked lower than you if you play them at home. So I guess the ranking only refers to playing an opponent at home. All these posters that are making excuses for losing are really annoying. When we are ranked higher than our opponent we SHOULD beat them - I don't care if it is at home or away. If you lose to a team ranked lower than us we should beat them, otherwise the rankings have absolutely no meaning. Quit making excuses. The fact of the matter is, this team is over ranked and has not played at a level to make me think that they are a top 20 team. If this team goes on a losing streak, there is a good chance that it could snowball and lead to a very long season.

Well, the perfect anecdote is an absolutely terrible Indiana coming to town Tuesday night. This should be the 20+ blowout fans have been waiting for....

We beat North Carolina and WVA and we have posters wondering if we are as good as the final 4 team and spouting about how unbelievably good the team is.

Then we lose on the road to two ranked big ten teams and we have posters saying how much we suck and that we are doomed again.

Gets old.

why are you ok with this??

I was really rank in my younger years.

Gets old.

It does get old. Just too bad we couldn't pull of the win yesterday when we were up at the half and be 2-2 to start. It was a winable game but we didn't play well in any aspect the second half.

Announcers on BTN talked about needing to be 10 points better than the other team to win on the road in the Big Ten. It is tough to win on the road regardless who you play. I see no reason why MN doesn't win every home game (except OSU) and road wins against the bottom feeders. That makes for a decent record.

Announcers on BTN talked about needing to be 10 points better than the other team to win on the road in the Big Ten. It is tough to win on the road regardless who you play. I see no reason why MN doesn't win every home game (except OSU) and road wins against the bottom feeders. That makes for a decent record.

If it is such a huge difference playing at home why cant MN beat OSU at the Barn?

I find it enjoyable to follow this team. I read about them, listen to discussion about them on radio and watch the games on TV. I discuss the team with others and spend time thinking about the team. The biggest thrill is the rare occasion when I can see a game in person.
My participation is pretty passive. I don't play "D", rebound or score. I understand that my participation has no impact on wins or losses. I love when the Gophers win. When they lose I still love them. I understand that they are kids who are doing their best. I understand that the coaches are doing what they can to build a championship team. All in all I am fascinated by this team. I look forward to seeing this season play out.
However the really strong emotions that some posters express after a loss is something I reserve for more personal aspects of my life which directly affect me and over which I can exert some control.

Roy..."...However the really strong emotions that some posters express after a loss is something..."

Amen, Roy. But do not argue with those posters who really show needs for anger management counseling. YOU, my friend, will lose those arguments.

I don't understand why people on this board get so bent out of shape when posters complain about losing. What, are we suppose to just accept losing? Are we just suppose to say "Well we played hard, that is all that really matters"? I don't like to lose, be it when I am arguing in court or when I watch my beloved gophers play. When I invest my time into anything, I expect to achieve perfection and if I don't get it I get upset. When I invest my time and money into the Gophers I expect them to perform to perfection, if they don't I will get upset. That is how I approach everything in my life and I am not going to change it just to satisfy a bunch of posters who are willing to accept losing.

I don't understand why people on this board get so bent out of shape when posters complain about losing. What, are we suppose to just accept losing? Are we just suppose to say "Well we played hard, that is all that really matters"? I don't like to lose, be it when I am arguing in court or when I watch my beloved gophers play. When I invest my time into anything, I expect to achieve perfection and if I don't get it I get upset. When I invest my time and money into the Gophers I expect them to perform to perfection, if they don't I will get upset. That is how I approach everything in my life and I am not going to change it just to satisfy a bunch of posters who are willing to accept losing.

Remember, we are improving during all these losses so it's completely fine!! Oh, and those last two games are almost for sure losses even though we were ranked 6 and 11 spots higher than said teams!

Give me a break. I completely agree with your post.

If it is such a huge difference playing at home why cant MN beat OSU at the Barn?

Because OSU is probably the only Big Ten team that is consistently 10 points better than Minnesota. I hope I am proven wrong, but OSU is just that good it seems, we will learn more as Big10 play goes on tho

You don't need to accept losing, but after 3 losses should you really declare this the worst team in basketball history as many people do?

No one is happy about the loss, everyone wants to win, but the OVERreaction to the losses is ridiculous.

I'm not sure if you are a Vikings fan, but would you be pissed if they finished the regular season at 13-3? I doubt it ... sure you want 16-0, but does that happen? Not usually (only once actually) Were you investing your money into the team with the expectation they'd run the table all the way to the title? Anyone who thought and expected an undefeated season was delusional. If Duke fans expect an undefeated season, they are delusional.

If you want a team that never loses, try UConn women, they never ... wait, oh. They lost to a team ranked lower than them on the road? I hope they fire Gino soon, that team is awful!

Always strive for perfection but don't expect it, it rarely, if ever happens.

Always strive for perfection but don't expect it, it rarely, if ever happens.

Michael Jordan was the best basketball player ever ... He never had a perfect season nor a perfect game.

Not bothered by people complaining about losing....bothered by the over reactions to winning and losing. The "final 4 here we come" one day and the "we are the worst team ever" the next.

Not bothered by people complaining about losing....bothered by the over reactions to winning and losing. The "final 4 here we come" one day and the "we are the worst team ever" the next.

+1

Michael Jordan was the best basketball player ever ... He never had a perfect season nor a perfect game.

Denny Crane(Boston Legal) was undefeated but I don't think he was perfect.

• From “’Til We Meat Again” (Season 1):
Protesting a ban on red meat: “We’re carnivores. When the pilgrims landed, first thing they did was eat a few Indians.”

• From “An Eye for an Eye” (Season 1):
In response to an unfavorable judicial ruling: “You know what I’m going to do, Brian, just to show you there are no hard feelings? I’m going to sleep with your wife.”

Top Bottom