0 for 2 on our guard play!

Big Ten Championship

Reaction score
We were clearly out played by Wisconsin and Michigan St. guards in the first two games. The last time I checked we had two senior guards who start and have for years. Blake and Nolen cannot stop quality guards on other teams from penetration or threes, that has been proven all year.

I am not sure how hurt Nolen is but we know he cannot shoot, and now he cannot seem to defend.

When we won a few games in the Big Ten Tourney last year great guard play was key.

I would rather see Devoe start with Armelin and Hollins as the other guard to get experience for next year. Al and Blake are no more than role players. They are in their final year and aren't going to magically improve.

We were clearly out played by Wisconsin and Michigan St. guards in the first two games. The last time I checked we had two senior guards who start and have for years. Blake and Nolen cannot stop quality guards on other teams from penetration or threes, that has been proven all year.

I am not sure how hurt Nolen is but we know he cannot shoot, and now he cannot seem to defend.

When we won a few games in the Big Ten Tourney last year great guard play was key.

I would rather see Devoe start with Armelin and Hollins as the other guard to get experience for next year. Al and Blake are no more than role players. They are in their final year and aren't going to magically improve.

I agree that our guards are getting worked, but giving Hollins minutes is the official white flag on the season.

It's time for Tubby to admit Nolen is a liability, not an asset.

Time for Gopher fans to admit that to themselves, as well.

It's time for Tubby to admit Nolen is a liability, not an asset.

Time for Gopher fans to admit that to themselves, as well.

Nolen was the Gophers most important player (Trevor was the best) in Puerto Rico during the best stretch of games the Gophers have played this year.

Did you also happen to check that both Wisconsin and MSU have senior guards who are arguably 1-2 in the Big Ten?

Did you also happen to check that both Wisconsin and MSU have senior guards who are arguably 1-2 in the Big Ten?
I think E'Twaun and Demetri might have something to say about that. :cool02:

Top 5 though at this point, for sure.

The only senior guards on the Wisconsin roster are walk-ons Brett Valentyn and Wquinton Smith, unless you count Jarmusz who is a 3.

I think E'Twaun and Demetri might have something to say about that. :cool02:

Top 5 though at this point, for sure.

No I know, Big Ten has a lot of strong, complete PG's. And many are seniors this year.

Top Bottom