So if/when we win the final 7 of the Big Ten season...

From the Barn

Reaction score
Do we erect a statue of Tubby and have whatever the opposite of a meltdown is?
Home vs Ill, MSU, Mich, and PSU. Winnable road games at IA, PSU, and NU.

This is a marathon, and the last third of the season is all down hill.

Do we erect a statue of Tubby and have whatever the opposite of a meltdown is?
Home vs Ill, MSU, Mich, and PSU. Winnable road games at IA, PSU, and NU.

This is a marathon, and the last third of the season is all down hill.

Of course you are right the season ending record is what counts. Shall we close the Hole until then? Right now the signs are not good. The bottom line is that 9-9 or 10-8 isn't good enough year afer year. There is enough talent here to finish top 4 and anything less will be a failure this year. I have a lot higher expectations for a coach who is paid in the top 10 in America to get the job done.

BTW- NU will be pretty interesting home and away unless we change our defensive philosophy...

only gh types touted the gophs in the top four. The pros tabbed them five or six.

Of course you are right the season ending record is what counts. Shall we close the Hole until then? Right now the signs are not good. The bottom line is that 9-9 or 10-8 isn't good enough year afer year. There is enough talent here to finish top 4 and anything less will be a failure this year. I have a lot higher expectations for a coach who is paid in the top 10 in America to get the job done.

BTW- NU will be pretty interesting home and away unless we change our defensive philosophy...

We should not close the Hole but we will wind up with 12 or 13 wins after our 1 and 3 start.

We have no continuity yet because of Devoe out, then Al out and now Mo out. Tubby will adjust. To have to start out with 3 or our first 4 Big Ten games at 3 of the top teams in our conference homes, in our current condition (adjusting to the 3 issues above), is real tough. In the end it will be how we finish not how we started.

Sure, I would have preferred to have 2 wins right now, but I thought we would lose these 2 games even before the season started.

Top Bottom