Sorry but the truth hurts

topos

Reaction score
This team sucks. We are a team consisting of a bunch of babys with 0 heart. Our defense is a joke, and our half court offense is even more of a joke. How do other offenses get open look after open look? We are lucky to get Hoffarber or Devoe open once or twice a game. Sampson is weak. And I am so sick and tired of announcers giving Rodney any credit. Cool he can dunk, and that is about it.

I have an idea, lets play zone!! I wish Tubby would pull his head out and realize that our zone sucks worse than our man. But its ok!! We have Austin Hollins, the best man to man defender Tubby has ever seen!!! Good thing hes playing less than 5 minutes a game. And for the love of god, play CHIP ARMELIN more. He hustles, he makes amazing cuts, and is extremely athletic. I rather watch him than Rodey camping out 4 feet behind the arc

We will make the dance because we will beat the duds and some good teams who have an off shooting night. Otherwise this is the most overrated team in college hoops folks. Tubby is not god and his substitution patterns suck. Thats a fact. I don't usually get down on the boys but if they are allowed to give up, I can too.

PS. If you havent noticed, Durell Summer can shoot. Maybe someone should guard him?

Looking forward to sweating it out again on Selection Sunday!!!

The truth is, it's hard to win on the road against good teams in the B1G. Calm down.

The truth is, it's hard to win on the road against good teams in the B1G. Calm down.

No, I am not mad that we lost. I am mad at how we did so. We should have gotten blown out. They were 1/14 from 3 in the first half. How many of those attempts were contested? Not many. It was a miracle we were up at half time.

We don't suck, but we aren't as good as we thought we were. I don't know how much better we are than we were 2 years ago. I'm concerned that 4 years into his tenure, the 3 best players Coach Smith has coached were recruited by Dan Monson.

Mbakwe is better than anyone Monson brought in, and never judge a player until their senior year. How many of Tubby's recruits are seniors?

LOL @ overreactions like this. Our first two conference games were on the road in the toughest atmospheres in the league. It would be great to be 2-0 or 1-1 right now but this season is far from over. This is a good team, just give it a little time. I'm not even going to worry if we start 1-4. If we start losing to the Indianas, Iowas, PSUs, then I may get concerned. As long as we win our home games against the top teams and win the games against the bottom tier teams, we'll be fine.

What substitution pattern?

Our incredibly stupid "Hockey Style" substitutions, there are times when we have three of those average freshman on the court at once. If we had Mo Walker he would be out there too.

Our offense is atrocious, I mean I could run a 6th grade team with the same awful 4-hi-low offense, man it is bad.

Mbwake has played 2 conference games and not better at this point not better than Damian Johnson, Al Nolen, or Blake Hoffarber. Besides, a two-year transfer cheapens his impact legacy. I'm not ready to tab him as an All Big Ten pick based on his resume against South Dakota State and Akron.

Fair enough I'll wait until next year to throw the criticism of him not recruiting a player better than Johnson, Nolen, or Hoffarber, but I'm confident that it'll stick.

Mbakwe is better than anyone Monson brought in, and never judge a player until their senior year. How many of Tubby's recruits are seniors?

Come now, my man.

Tubby's first class, which was highly regarded, are juniors with a ton of playing time. Time to put up or shut up.

Why didnt tubby recruit a top flight point?

Come now, my man.

Tubby's first class, which was highly regarded, are juniors with a ton of playing time. Time to put up or shut up.

Why didnt tubby recruit a top flight point?

Devoe Joseph in 2008 was considered both (PG and SG).

Justin Cobbs (or Darius Smith) was recruited as PG.

Cory Joseph was certainly PG but opted for Texas.

Andre Hollins will be both (PG and SG).

I can not believe that anyone is really surprised that we have lost our last two games. When you struggle to beat Cornell and South Dakota, do not think you are going to dominate the B1G. We are a mediocre team at best and with any hope we will make the tournament and be one and done. Be happy if we pull a surprise win, but don't expect it. This team can not shoot (jumpers and FTs) and the defense is suspect.

Team does not shoot well

Not enough quality shooters on the team. Loss of Westbrook and 40% 3pt shooting hurt more than many want to acknowledge. The defensive problems are troubling. One of the worst 3 pt defenses I've seen this year and it happens game, after game, after game.

Middle of the pack B10 is best we can hope for, I'm afraid. Might be less than that.

The truth is that we played at Wisconsin and MSU. 2 of the 3 hardest games we'll play all year considering those teams very rarely lose at home. Now I see why so many reasonable posters stay away from this board after losses.

Not enough quality shooters on the team. Loss of Westbrook and 40% 3pt shooting hurt more than many want to acknowledge. The defensive problems are troubling. One of the worst 3 pt defenses I've seen this year and it happens game, after game, after game.

Middle of the pack B10 is best we can hope for, I'm afraid. Might be less than that.

I agree. We are just not a very good shooting team. I mean we really put up a lot of bricks. I think some of the best shooters spend most of their time on the bench, because they are not ready to play leadership roles.

Top Bottom