Officiating in this game

houstongopher

Reaction score
Ok I am not one to complain often but is it me or are the officials obviously keeping MSU in this game by calling some crazy over the back calls while Blake gets mauled under the boards and nothing is called. Also some calls on tipped balls going out of bounds seem to always go to MSU as well. Both teams are playing very physical but it just seems to onesided to me.

I'd agree with the crappy foul calls mostly going against us, but I wouldn't agree with the tipped ball part.

Ok I am not one to complain often but is it me or are the officials obviously keeping MSU in this game by calling some crazy over the back calls while Blake gets mauled under the boards and nothing is called. Also some calls on tipped balls going out of bounds seem to always go to MSU as well. Both teams are playing very physical but it just seems to onesided to me.

I try not to get worked up about officials as well but this is the most frustrated I've been all year. Just brutal. Unfortunately that seems to happen at times on the road.

houston

Yes.

Tip of the hat to Al for pushing that guy.

Love the non call on the kicked ball on Nolan's turn over...the non-call when a guy mauled Trevor over the back and the 4 or 5 non-calls when our guy gets hit on the arm while shooting...Rodney got one, RSIII got hit and Rodney got chested two feet off his drive on his miss...no call.

These guys suck!

I guess maybe I remember the tips cause it seems like we have good position to rebound they go over our back but still get it. Other then Ralph I'm really happy with our response to there physical play. Big ups to Al Trevor and Blake leading the charge so far on not backing down.

They are as bad as always. I've never seen a good officiated basketball game in my life.

I officiate high school games so I usually try to give the refs the benefit of the doubt but these guys are missing the obvious calls and non-calls alike. This is hard to watch because the rules don't seem to apply to everyone the same.

Nice how they sat down Mbakwe right away in the second half.

Mbakwe seems to be a bit of a target for the refs but he needs to play smarter. He continues to get himself in trouble by looking for contact. I like his toughness but he needs to be a little smarter for us to win some of these tight games.

Mbakwe seems to be a bit of a target for the refs but he needs to play smarter. He continues to get himself in trouble by looking for contact. I like his toughness but he needs to be a little smarter for us to win some of these tight games.
wouldn't hurt if the refs were a little smarter too

My son just called me from Farmington. He had to turn the game off cause of the one-sided 8 on 5 game. He suggested that someone had to get MSU back into the good graces of the BB world.

I blame the refs for wide open Mich St 3 pointers and also for Minnesota's inability to run an offense.

I blame the refs for wide open Mich St 3 pointers and also for Minnesota's inability to run an offense.
they were 8-24 from 3. if the refs let mbakwe play for 30 minutes instead of the 22 they gave him, it's a different game.

To blame the refs is a losers attitude. Gophs were outplayed, and out hustled and out coached by a large margin in the 2nd half.

To blame the refs is a losers attitude. Gophs were outplayed, and out hustled and out coached by a large margin in the 2nd half.
like it or not, the refs do have an impact on the game. Saying we were outhustled and outcoached sounds like a convenient tidy excuse, but I didn't see the evidence of that being the difference today. Izzo didn't do anything special and I think we were outhustling them.

like it or not, the refs do have an impact on the game. Saying we were outhustled and outcoached sounds like a convenient tidy excuse, but I didn't see the evidence of that being the difference today. Izzo didn't do anything special and I think we were outhustling them.

So we were not outcoached or outhustled? Are you putting it all on the refs then?

The gophers were outclassed in the second half, but that non call of Hoff getting mugged and then double foul on al and msu guy was beyond horrible.

Love the non call on the kicked ball on Nolan's turn over...

These guys suck!

I rarely (maybe never) say the 'refs beat us'. These guys were pretty bad, maybe terrible, but no way they cost us the game.

I especially liked it when the guy kicked the ball off of Nolen's pass and Nolen turned to the ref and wanted to discuss the call with the ref while his man ran down the court and scored a layup. At least he jogged after him to get a better look at the layup.:rolleyes:

He needs to be smart like the MSU big man who jumped on a gopher players back on a rebound and sent them both tumbling.
He needs to be smart like the MSU guy who teed off on Hoffarber under the basket. That was smart basketball.
He should be smart like the MSU guy who grabbed and tripped RSIII at halfcourt, giving MSU a man advantage.
And kicking the ball to get a steal was brilliant. We should teach our guys to do that.

you guys are so fricken blind!!!!! You say the refs did not alter the outcome at all!! You are a fricken idiot with NO BASKETBALL SENSE AT ALL!!!

If you have played the game at ALL, you would know that the refs do alter the outcome. YOU get fricken mugged, see Hoff, see Al, see Colton!!!!! See Trev christ sakes I could go on and on!!!!!

I know some smart ass will say well the refs did not shoot the crappy shots!!! and all that stuff that the idiots try to add and make themselves sound so Basketball savy!!!

If you have ever played or coached the game you know what I am talking about if not your problem is obvious!!!!

Attachments

• your problem is obvious.jpg
    your problem is obvious.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 4

The Gophs got beat. Second half was brutal. It isn't an excuse, it's up to the coaches tomake adjustments. However, if you think that players don't alter their defensive intensity based on previous calls, you're fooling yourself.

you guys are so fricken blind!!!!! You say the refs did not alter the outcome at all!! You are a fricken idiot with NO BASKETBALL SENSE AT ALL!!!

If you have played the game at ALL, you would know that the refs do alter the outcome. YOU get fricken mugged, see Hoff, see Al, see Colton!!!!! See Trev christ sakes I could go on and on!!!!!

I know some smart ass will say well the refs did not shoot the crappy shots!!! and all that stuff that the idiots try to add and make themselves sound so Basketball savy!!!

If you have ever played or coached the game you know what I am talking about if not your problem is obvious!!!!

No one on this board has ever played or coached basketball. Just so you know.:rolleyes:

they were 8-24 from 3. if the refs let mbakwe play for 30 minutes instead of the 22 they gave him, it's a different game.

If Mich St wasn't 0-fer the first half on 3's, its a blowout.

Of course you don't take into account that they also couldn't miss a 3 in the 2nd half. It evened out.

I loved that kick ball. That's up there for most ridiculous noncalls.

If Mich St wasn't 0-fer the first half on 3's, its a blowout.

Top Bottom