Minnesota/Michigan State chat

Iverson is driving me insane. He is asking for the ball yet his post moves have been laughable. Cmon man.

The Gophers are actually outrebounding MSU now 10-9 after that atrocious start.

6 turnovers aren't helping.

Love the newer look with Trevor handling ball more at top of key! Much more movement with the whole team to me.

Can ralph or colton please make a basket!!! MSU is not that good - we should win this game!!

Gophers have cut down on the turnovers. The zone is paying off for now. Looking a little more like a basketball team and less like the keystone cops.

sparty 1-14 from 3 in the first half.

That's prolly not going to last. I don't like the feel of this game right now. Gophers should have been up by at least 10 at the break. Remember, Minnesota could literally be the poorest perimeter defensive team in the nation. State is ripping 3s right now like most teams make FTs.

Let's stick with the 2/3 zone. MSU is 1/14 in the 2nd half too right?

we are not a very good basketball team right now. Difficulty defending the 3, turnovers, 1/2 court offense is challenged, and inconsistent play by RIII and Iverson. We may be playing better come Feb/March if it is not too late. We are missing the big time --takeover the game type player . Royce White could have been that type of player for the Gophers, right now no-one seems to step up to take that leader ship role..... there is no way we are in the top 25 in the country at this point in time.

we need a take-over type player because our offensive system is terrible. Tubby is one of the best defensive coaches in the country, but his offense sucks. They rely solely on one player being able to beat his man over and over again. Standing around waiting for someone to take a shot, its been that way since he's taken over - it gets old.

we are not a very good basketball team right now. Difficulty defending the 3, turnovers, 1/2 court offense is challenged, and inconsistent play by RIII and Iverson. We may be playing better come Feb/March if it is not too late. We are missing the big time --takeover the game type player . Royce White could have been that type of player for the Gophers, right now no-one seems to step up to take that leader ship role..... there is no way we are in the top 25 in the country at this point in time.

This. I'm trying to remember the days of Monson, so I can be happy about being competative again. But, the offensive scheme this coaching staff puts into play is perplexing at best. Little ball movement, little off the ball movement.... very defendable. Our best shooter needs help to get him open, and we do not run a scheme to do that. That, and our big men not improving on the low box since they've been here is troubling. I realize that we are starting the big ten season on the road, and in very tough venues, but it certainly appears that we are not a contender, and maybe just a bubble team again. Frustrating.

Tough team to watch right now. Down 11 feels like down 30. Hoff isn't shooting well. RSIII is super soft and can't defend. Colton plays too fast for his skill set. Joseph isn't a point guard. Nolen can't shoot. Back to the bubble we go.

This. I'm trying to remember the days of Monson, so I can be happy about being competative again. But, the offensive scheme this coaching staff puts into play is perplexing at best. Little ball movement, little off the ball movement.... very defendable. Our best shooter needs help to get him open, and we do not run a scheme to do that. That, and our big men not improving on the low box since they've been here is troubling. I realize that we are starting the big ten season on the road, and in very tough venues, but it certainly appears that we are not a contender, and maybe just a bubble team again. Frustrating.

Al Nolen brings the ball up into the corner. Stands there for 10 seconds shouting instructions.

Throws the ball into a post, who throws the ball back out to Hoffarber. He passes the ball to Williams who is too scared to do anything but throw it back to Nolen. 5 seconds left, jack up shot.

Tubby is a Defensive minded coach.
He spends very little time working on offense.
If a team can get through his defense then they will beat
his teams most of the time because his teams are not offensive minded
enough to counter.

What exactly does Rodney bring to this team?

We know what he can do. He can jump, slam dunk and rebound.

I said when Tubby offer Rodney that he was a great athelete who was not yet a good basketball player. I also said I hated his jump shot. Nothing has changed.

Is there no coach on this team that can show Rodney and Al the proper way to shoot a jump shot? They both start their shot with the ball in front of their face, instead of above their head. They use arm motion instead of wrist motion on their release. This often leads to wild misses. They are just throwing up a prayer.

Let them work with Hollins for a while. He has an excellent technique.

Top Bottom