Becky loses again....

and to "lowly Northwestern" at that. NU is tough. Wiskey is whipped!!!!!!

Is it sad...

that me, a grown man, is so happy seeing Bucky lose so often? :D I am almost giddy tonight, watching their latest loss! The resurgence of Gopher basketball followed by the longest losing streak in Bo's Badger history are making this season a lot of fun! :D

Its almost alarming how they have lost 6 in a row.

Its knocking a little cred of our win there.

that me, a grown man, is so happy seeing Bucky lose so often? :D I am almost giddy tonight, watching their latest loss! The resurgence of Gopher basketball followed by the longest losing streak in Bo's Badger history are making this season a lot of fun! :D

I am with you there. Strange, when they were having their success over the last decade I would always remind my Sconny buddies about the previous 50 years (pre 1996). Now, I take great pleasure seeing them drop like a rock (1-7 against top 25).:D

and to "lowly Northwestern" at that. NU is tough. Wiskey is whipped!!!!!!

Given they beat the UofM and MSU, along with almost beating Purdue, I don't think anyone really considers them lowly anymore. Whatever held them back, they seemed to deal! Any team who does really needs their heads examined!

Darn.......What was their highest rating this year?

Calminn, that is what I meant when I stated the quotation marks. NU is NOT a lowly team, which is why I also stated that NU is tough.

Seems as though the Badgers are coming apart at the seams. Statistically, they actually played a pretty good game against the Wildcats and STILL got beat....now that's a sign of having a tough time.

I'm not sure what they have coming up in terms of scheduling, but from here on out, they're going to be in "must-win" mode....

I'm not sure what they have coming up in terms of scheduling, but from here on out, they're going to be in "must-win" mode....
Their next 2 games are against IL and at Penn State. They could potentially enter the Iowa game with 8 losses in a row...ouch.

accepted, calminn...that is one of the problems of trying to communicate on a comment board, we lose track of when something is sarcasm versus a simple opinion. I use " " whenever I am being sarcastic. Doesn't mean it works all the time, but at least I know!!!!!!! LOL

And their fall starting with the loss the the Gophers. It seems that they never recovered from that stunning defeat. What a shame. I think I'm getting teary eyed.

Purdue loss was expected....Not the Gopher OT loss at wiskey home court. the loss to Gophers in OT: That was what really sent Becky bucking down the hill. Gotta Love It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Four of their losses during the current six-game skid were by 4 points or less. They could easily be in the title chase, but they lose heartbreaker after heartbreaker. As a Gopher fan, that's just adding icing to the cake!

They have to be one of the most disappointing teams in the country. I'm looking at 2 preseason mags right now and both had them in the top 25. Notre Dame would probably give them a run for their money but at least Notre Dame can say they just played the toughest stretch of teams on any schedule in the country (seriously, check out Notre Dame's schedule...it's brutal).

Losing Butch and Flowers hurts but it's not like they were all-americans. This Badger team still has some (perceived) talented upperclassman. They returned their top 2 scorers in Hughes and Landry and the top 8 in their rotation all played many minutes last year outside of Nankivel and Taylor. I think the problem is that their last 2 recruiting classes have been average at best. Leuer seems like a player. Others so far seem like they're nothing special, including Nankivel and Taylor. I don't see any players in those 2 classes outside of Leuer ending up as an All-Big Ten type of player when their careers are over and those 2 classes take up 8 scholarships on their roster. That's a pretty heavy weight on the makeup of the roster.

While I agree they(Butch & Flowers) were not "all americans" they did account for 22pts and 10 rebounds per game. Plus Flowers was pretty good defensively.

Wisky's problem is just that they have not had anyone step up and replace what Flowers and Butch did for the team in Rebounding, Pts, and defense. Either you need to get that lost production by way of returning players developing or new players being added to the roster.

In their case, only Leuer has shown much improvement(6 pts and 3 rebounds) from last year and new incoming recruits have provided little production. If you don't replace offensive production only other way to win games is to improve defensive production. Which in wisky's case is very difficult as they had already lowered that about as much as they could. In the end this rebounding and point differential vs last year, leads to additional losses and in there case close losses. Add in those lost 5-8 points a game and they may be 6-3 or 7-2.

Krabby a role player

Not a star, or close to it. Needs high quality surrounding him to be effective.

They had a nice little run

but now they are returning to basketball futility which is Wisconsin basketball.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom