Post of the year off CatsPause

Absolutely hilarious....Great thread on KY board.

Worst Post of the Year on CatsPause

It's all about how Minnesota shouldn't be ranked and how Kentucky should be ahead. To be fair, one or two posters defend us but most just say we are a "joke". I wanted to respond but you need approval from their administrator to respond. I'm not saying the Gophers are amazing or anything, just saying if the Kentucky fans think they a far superior to Minnesota, they are dead wrong.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=123925240&mid=123925240&sid=888&style=2

They are bashing the Big Ten likes its the Mountain West or something. The Big Ten would destroy the SEC...UK, Florida, Tennessee, these are your elite teams? Really?

We beat Louisville, they lost to Louisville...pretty simple right there. I don't give a damn about the polls, I dont understand why those basketball snobs have their panties in a bunch over it.

Its official I despise Kentucky. They just need to get over it. They will NEVER be in the same class as UNC or UCLA. Lexington, Kentucky will never draw recruits like those schools and the area talent pool is not that great.

Lame post. They blame the loss on the fact that most of the players were not BCG's recruits (still hating on Tubby). If you look at the boxscore, Meeks and Patterson were the studs of the game. BCG better start coaching...and fast.

To Be Fair, TCP Does Not Represent The Best UK Fans

Gillispie is 34-19 at Kentucky. Tubby is 38-17 at Minnesota. So far, edge to Tubby.

They blame losses on tubby's recruiting, but say they win because how billy g is coaching them, so tubby gets blame for their losees and bg gets credit for their wins. Its gotta be tuff to have to answer for two teams losses in the same year.

They blame losses on tubby's recruiting, but say they win because how billy g is coaching them, so tubby gets blame for their losees and bg gets credit for their wins. Its gotta be tuff to have to answer for two teams losses in the same year.

That's correct. Gillispie is 34-0 at UK. Tubby is 0-19.

MN SOS this season is laughable.
We've beat 3 ranked teams this year (one in the top 10); how many has Kentucky beat? Answer = 0.

We've beat every "laughable" opponent. How did Kentucky fare against VMI and Ole Miss? Answer = Bad losses.

If you're comparing SOS, you might want to look at how each team has fared in playing that schedule. Sister's of the Poor University may have the hardest SOS in the country, but if they're 0-25, who cares?

Look at quality of wins and losses; Kentucky is in trouble in a terrible SEC conference this year.

I don't quite see the need to defend Tubby's record while he was coaching another team. It is in the past. I find the opinion of Kentucky fans to be of interest since they know him better than we do and their opinions both pos and neg can give us insight into what to expect from him. I love him as our coach and am most grateful for the wonderful ride we are on. Being a Gopher fan is a lot of fun.

Perhaps you should compare the opponents of those games to really make a judgement. MN SOS this season is laughable.

I'm sure FoT could defend himself, but I'll make it easier for him.

Gopher's SOS:
Sagarin 50, Kenpom 56, RPI 49. Real laughable, only in the top 15% of the country. Couldn't Tubby schedlue some teams to make it to the top 10%? :rolleyes:

By comparison, Kentucky's SOS:
Sagarin 127, Kenpom 126, RPI 90.

Perhaps you should compare the opponents of those games to really make a judgement. MN SOS this season is laughable.

The folks above made the points I would have made.

Tubby > Billy at this point (2 years into their current gigs).

You really can't argue thats the schedule is a joke,
I mean look at these powerhouses we beat up on,
Virginia Military
Delaware State
Longwood
Lamar
Mississippi Valley State
Central Michigan
Florida Atlantic
Tennessee State

Ooops, thats not us.

Virginia Military
Delaware State
Longwood
Lamar
Mississippi Valley State
Central Michigan
Florida Atlantic
Tennessee State

Ooops, thats not us.

UK lost to VMI (Virginia Military).

Cats fans

I can see why Tubby wanted to get the hell out of there and why he enjoys coaching here so much.

There are a lot of really really poor Kentucky basketball fans out there and I think it is almost impossible to please them. I have never seen more fans whine and cry on any message board. I am sure they will kiss the coach's ass when he wins but as soon as he loses a game the fans are ready to lynch him.

My take - the Kentucky fans will continue to blame Tubby for the time being, but eventually they will turn on Gillispie and make things miserable for him, too. I wouldn't mind playing them one bit in the NCAA Tournament and I think we would beat them, too.

Virginia Military
Delaware State
Longwood
Lamar
Mississippi Valley State
Central Michigan
Florida Atlantic
Tennessee State

Ooops, thats not us.

Big Ten Nonconference SOS Rankings (out of 343 D-I teams)

January 30, 2009 Per Selection Sunday

16. Wisconsin
36. Indiana
41. Michigan State
83. Ohio State
101. Michigan
129. Northwestern
161. Illinois
165. Iowa
194. Purdue
230. GOPHERS
322. Penn State

MN non-con sched was weak, especially for season ticket holders paying the freight.
Wow, talk about revelations. I bet none of us who are season ticket holders ever considered this issue earlier this year.

For the umpteenth time:

• Yes this was a very light non-conference schedule, including a Div2 competitor from across the river.
  • This was also a very young team that lacks a pure scorer and relies heavily on the team meshing. I'd say Tubby was pretty smart in pulling together this schedule given the team's status.
  • True (and truthful) fans would recognize this and at some time quit their personal kvetching. It is what it is and you've paid (or not) for the season tickets.
  • You can reload and kvetch next year if the non-conference schedule is not improved. It can be a rite of passage each season. Yippee.
Does the Zumbrota River run through Warroad?

And what about Kentucky season ticket holders who had even worse non-conference season to sit through?

Top Bottom