First Spartan Thread

Section201

Reaction score
Enough already with Bucky.

I am looking forward to Friday when the lads have a great opportunity for a big quality win in Breslin. We have some positives coming out of the tough loss yesterday. Trevor got a taste of Big Ten competitionl. I look forward to him bumping around with Mr. Green. Al, Devoe, and Blake had some more minutes together on the floor. Ralph and Colt played well overall and Rodney showed a few more flashes of aggressivness.

They got the taste of a Big Ten road game and should be ready for Breslin.

Sparty on the other hand has had a week to figure out what the heck is going on with them. Something seems off with their team chemistry so far and I hope they remain a mystery for a few more days.

I say we have as good a chance Friday as we have had in a very long time heading into East Lansing.

Go Gophers!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Enough already with Bucky.

I am looking forward to Friday when the lads have a great opportunity for a big quality win in Breslin. We have some positives coming out of the tough loss yesterday. Trevor got a taste of Big Ten competitionl. I look forward to him bumping around with Mr. Green. Al, Devoe, and Blake had some more minutes together on the floor. Ralph and Colt played well overall and Rodney showed a few more flashes of aggressivness.

They got the taste of a Big Ten road game and should be ready for Breslin.

Sparty on the other hand has had a week to figure out what the heck is going on with them. Something seems off with their team chemistry so far and I hope they remain a mystery for a few more days.

I say we have as good a chance Friday as we have had in a very long time heading into East Lansing.

Go Gophers!!

:clap::clap::clap:

+1

Section201: I heartily agree. Let's get it on and... :drink: :drink: :drink: AND WIN THE DAMN GAME!!!!!! Station 19 agrees with me. Happy New Year!!!!!!

GO GOPHERS!!!!!

Lucas is a brutally tough matchup, especially if Al cant equal Lucas' minutes. Other than that I love the Gophers chances. I'm just concerned that if Al leaves the game Joseph will have to guard Lucas...can Armelin/Hollins/Mav guard the PG? Didn't Tubby say Hollins is the best on the ball defender he has ever coached?

khoff

Lucas is a brutally tough matchup, especially if Al cant equal Lucas' minutes. Other than that I love the Gophers chances. I'm just concerned that if Al leaves the game Joseph will have to guard Lucas...can Armelin/Hollins/Mav guard the PG? Didn't Tubby say Hollins is the best on the ball defender he has ever coached?

Tubby may have said something like that about Hollins but he only gave him 6 minutes on the floor in Madison and I don't recall Austin on Taylor at all.

Lucas has torched us before but I am optimistic going into tomorrow. Hopefully Al is feeling quick!

Tubby may have said something like that about Hollins but he only gave him 6 minutes on the floor in Madison and I don't recall Austin on Taylor at all.

Lucas has torched us before but I am optimistic going into tomorrow. Hopefully Al is feeling quick!

Quick Al would help, but I think it will take more than just Al defending Lucas. The bigs have to help when he penetrates and not give up easy buckets down low.

Also, I would like to see our guards not double every time the ball goes into the post. This would help our perimeter defense. When a big for Wisconsin got the ball Nolen, Joseph, Hoffarber, Rodney, etc. dropped down and helped...thats fine but if you do it all the time the man with the ball will kick it out (unless its Kris Humphries) and they get wide open 3's. We get torched on the 3's.

Watching MSU play a few games so far this season it's stunning how careless with the ball they've been -- just an unbelievable number of turnovers and many of them basically unforced, like needlessly tough long passes. Lucas and Lucious are both talented guards, but they don't seem to have a team-steadying influence, at least so far this year.

I'm really optimistic about this game, far more than usual about a road game at Breslin. The timing is right to catch the Spartans now.

MN Scouting Report

The scouting report from the Wisconsin game needs to be addressed by Tubby before tomorrow or we have no chance.

A good point guard can penetrate "at will" against Devoe and Al. That allowed Taylor to shoot 3 pointers "at will", drive when he wanted and either finish or kick out for a three. That simply is why we lost the last game.

Watching MSU play a few games so far this season it's stunning how careless with the ball they've been -- just an unbelievable number of turnovers and many of them basically unforced, like needlessly tough long passes. Lucas and Lucious are both talented guards, but they don't seem to have a team-steadying influence, at least so far this year.

I'm really optimistic about this game, far more than usual about a road game at Breslin. The timing is right to catch the Spartans now.

I agree with this. MSU has not beat anyone and has lost to good teams. I realize losing to Duke doesn't make you bad, but not beating anyone shows they aren't elite. Preseason #2 shouldn't enter conference play with 4 losses.

However, talented guards and 1-man bands kill the Gophers so I expect Lucas and Lucious to take it to our back court

Top Bottom