17-18 Fts, 2 Turnovers

rivergopher

Reaction score
That folks is why Wisconsin is so tough at home. Believe me I hate them just as much as the rest of u, hell I grew up in the state on the border, but you have to admire that kind of efficiency. Hell we shored up two of three of areas of concern, 11-15 FTs, and only 9 Turnovers and they were 9-24 from 3 which isn't great but is better than the last few weeks. I really don't get if we don't practice the hedge or not but that is an area of concern. Watching Ralph try to defend a pg is pretty brutal. I really do not want to over react here but I really don't see much of a difference between this year and last year. We will be 9-9 and 10-8 and exit early from the tournament. I now its early in the Big Ten but I haven't seen anything to indicate to me that this isn't a 5-7th place team. It is better than what was before but when we got Tubby I was hoping for more than these finishes consistently.

I don't get the concern: The Gophers were minus EIGHTEEN from the 3 point line on the road against a top 25 team and still had every opportunity to win the game. Al Nolen and Colton Iverson combined to go 1-11 from the field.

If there's something to be concerned about, it's the Gophers only forcing two turnovers against a team that appears to only have one solid ballhandler.

I agree, think we should have forced the ball out of Taylors hads by pressing or trapping they are going to be in a lot of trouble if he goes down, but the concern is I am sick of Moral Victories and was hoping that we wouldn't have to keep two sets of records, actual record and games we right in. We were bad in close games last year and we lost one that we could have had to start the Big Ten.

The game could have easily ended with Minnesota on top if Wisconsin was 9-12 instead of 11-12 from the FT line with 25 seconds to go in the game. That would have put the game at a 60-60 tie with 30 seconds left. Keep in mind the Gophers were only down by 2 when the Badgers got that offensive board that caused us to foul them. If the Badges had missed 2 FT earlier in the game or if we had gotten that rebound, this board might be a lot more jubilant.

The game could have easily ended with Minnesota on top if Wisconsin was 9-12 instead of 11-12 from the FT line with 25 seconds to go in the game. That would have put the game at a 60-60 tie with 30 seconds left. Keep in mind the Gophers were only down by 2 when the Badgers got that offensive board that caused us to foul them. If the Badges had missed 2 FT earlier in the game or if we had gotten that rebound, this board might be a lot more jubilant.

...but that didn't happen. What's your point? we can write this off because it was close? You can play the "what-if" game for everything, but it's just as pointless and counter-productive as acting like the sky is falling after this loss.

Top Bottom