Are we significantly better than last year, or the year before?

andy

Reaction score
We are coming off back-to-back 9-9 seasons in the Big Ten. I'm not sure this Big Ten season is going to be any different. I'm hoping someone can tell me otherwise.

We are significantly better than a week ago, which matters a lot more

We dominated on the boards and then couldn't (didn't?) get the one we really needed. I think we are better, much stronger inside and on the boards, just needed one more!

Cory Joseph would've made a helluva difference on this team. With him backing up Nolen and Devoe coming off the bench as a shooter we would have been a lot better basketball team in my opinion. Shoulda-woulda-coulda though and we have to play with what we have now! We still are not playing like we were at the beginning of the year yet and we need to get to that level fast or we will be sitting with 5 losses heading into the game against Iowa on January 16th. We're making great strides in that direction though! Tough loss on the road tonight...

It was a one possession game under a minute at the Kohl Center where Becky rarely loses. Past Gopher teams would've gotten blown out when down 10 like they were early in the 2nd half but they stuck with it and almost pulled off the "upset". This team will win in East Lansing on Friday and give OSU a headache and probably beat Purdue on the road as well. This loss is a non-factor for the rest of the season.

It was a one possession game under a minute at the Kohl Center where Becky rarely loses. Past Gopher teams would've gotten blown out when down 10 like they were early in the 2nd half but they stuck with it and almost pulled off the "upset". This team will win in East Lansing on Friday and give OSU a headache and probably beat Purdue on the road as well. This loss is a non-factor for the rest of the season.
NO WAY!

Did someone hack Art's account? :eek:

Good game tonight by both teams. Tough to win at Kohl and Wisconsin killed it from three point land. All in all, tough loss, but not that big of deal.

Dude, anyone who watched this game and knows the game of basketball can see where I'm coming from.....

NO WAY!

Did someone hack Art's account? :eek:

You were the one that didnt give the boys much of a chance. You expected them to lose.

Should have won, winning the boards by 20. Waaaaay too much talent on the MN roster to lose to this Wisky team.

We are much improved. Trouble is so is most of the BT. We improved our free throwing. Now if we could just defend the three.

I have been saying I was worried about Wisc. big guys ability to shoot the three. They did it often enough to win. You have to give them credit for limiting the Gophers to 60 points.

I hate to lose but, it was a good come back that fell short. I wish we had a chance to play them here this year.

We might be better but so is the Big Ten.

i would disagree. The big ten seems to be a little overrated as it is a couple games under five hundred against the power six conferences. how is this getting better?

I think we are better for one reason Trevor. It was his first big ten game. He dominated the boards. Duke would have a tough time winning at Kohl. Our athletic yet underskilled kids are fustrating at times. Our half court offense is brutal at times. But we are a more physical team because of Trevor. Our bench experience has been reduced by the transfer of Carter. Taylor is the best pg in the big ten. Wisconsin can win with 2-3 talented kids and a bunch of role players they do it every year.

I think Art was being sarcastic.

I did have to read his post a few times though.

I think it's because now that Wisco has beaten us, if we turn around and beat MSU, Purdue, etc. it makes UW look that much better.

Cory Joseph would've made a helluva difference on this team. With him backing up Nolen and Devoe coming off the bench as a shooter we would have been a lot better basketball team in my opinion.

I'd change this to Nolan coming off the bench-backing-up Cory. Cory is already twice the player Nolan is. I like Al, but Cory will be in the mix for All-American honors in no time. Imagine having a senior point guard coming off the bench with solid defense.

No not much better. Significantly better IMO would be a 13-14 win team, not a 9-10 win team in the B10. The lack of a go to guy really hurts.

Although I admit after beating NC and WV I thought we were.

Top Bottom