Penn State at Indiana tonight

Blizzard

Reaction score
The Big Ten opener is here!

I was reading this thread last night-

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2565&t=6932779

And could feel my blood start to boil with the excitement of our conference rivalries.

I hope we beat those pasty white bastards to a pulp tomorrow night!

Bring it on!

That is all. :)

Sounds like a blizzard to me.;)

LMAO 19. I don't care if it is a blizzard or just a winter storm, I already have my fridge full of beer with plenty of reserves playing a very important role in my success.

Go Penn State!!

GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!

I was expecting Indiana to win this game tonight. Hmmm. Is Penn State better or Indiana worse?

I was expecting Indiana to win this game tonight. Hmmm. Is Penn State better or Indiana worse?

Indiana is terrible and has an awful coach. For whatever reason, even non-I4 fans have accepted the hype of Tanned Tommy and continued to do so this year. It's bizarre. But, the truth continues to be revealed and eventually it will be accepted.

I wouldn't say Indiana has a terrible coach. Crean has had plenty of success elsewhere, so he just needs more time there. The recruiting has been better, but he was given a team with like 3 players on it. So the fact they aren't in the top 5 yet is to be expected. That said, Indiana is terrible. Verdell Jones is their best guard and he's not a scorer and turns it over a lot. They have some unathletic bigs who don't really scare anyone. Penn St. has a senior laden starting 5 and looked much more athletic than Indiana tonight. Both teams are going to be bottom feeders in the league, so you just hope neither is able to reach up and sting us...

Crean caught lightning in a bottle with D Wade. Outside of the final 4 year, Crean won just one other NCAA tourney game in his 9 years at Marquette (and went out in the first round in 2 of his 3 NIT's).

I was gonna say that this would define the bottom, but apparently it has already been defined. If IU lost to a mediocre PSU at home, then there's the bottom with the possible exception of Iowa.

Indiana is terrible and has an awful coach. For whatever reason, even non-I4 fans have accepted the hype of Tanned Tommy and continued to do so this year. It's bizarre. But, the truth continues to be revealed and eventually it will be accepted.

Very hard to work for and with (is the word I've heard from the few AD's and coaches that I know).

I wouldn't say Indiana has a terrible coach. Crean has had plenty of success elsewhere, so he just needs more time there. The recruiting has been better, but he was given a team with like 3 players on it.

I thought when Crean got to Indiana, he sent just about everyone packing. I know there were some academic casualties, but it seemed like he also let kids go so he could free up scholarships.

Very hard to work for and with (is the word I've heard from the few AD's and coaches that I know).

Absolutely.

WAGopher said:
I thought when Crean got to Indiana, he sent just about everyone packing. I know there were some academic casualties, but it seemed like he also let kids go so he could free up scholarships.

Some kids were dismissed... some left after they couldn't be persuaded to stay by the new little guy.. including solid players like Devin Ebanks and Jordan Crawford,.. Terrell Holloway.

Eli Holman left after he flipped out and threw a potted plant around in the tanned one's office.

Nick Williams, an RSCI top 100 kid who asked to back out of his commitment to Marquette, followed Crean down to Bloomington. After a freshman year in which he averaged more than 25 mpg, he wanted the heck out of there and transferred to Ole Miss.

Next year there are two committed kids (from Indiana Elite, surprise surprise) in Etherington (6'6" shooter) and Cody Zeller (good player)... not nearly enough to help that mess. 2012-2014 have some great commitments, but that's a ways off - will they still be commits?... the patience of some is dwindling.

Top Bottom