Love the new play

brucekaupa

**** Commander
Reaction score
Just wanted to drop in and say that I love the new play we've added to the offense...

...the one where Joseph sees that we have no rebounders in position and has a defender in his face, so he throws up a fadeaway/fade to the side 3-pointer.

Just wanted to drop in and say that I love the new play we've added to the offense...

...the one where Joseph sees that we have no rebounders in position and has a defender in his face, so he throws up a fadeaway/fade to the side 3-pointer.

It's not a "new" play - it's one we used a lot last year - it's called "The Lawrence Westbrook."

Am I the only one who thinks Devoe has earned his right to shoot freely. Sure, I would love to see a little more offense ran at times, but I am sure you will all be on the bandwagon when he hits the game winner. Also, if I do recall he took some extremely early shots in the possesion last night and made them. Didn't hear much complaining about those...

If Devoe has a chance to do his one dribble pull up shot, I am fine with him shooting it anywhere once he is set. It is his go to move and he makes it pretty often. If he isn't set though, he needs to realize this and set up the offense.

It is really funny. I thought about that shot too. I love Devoe's style but sometimes he kills me with plays like that.

Go Gophers

I'm convinced its a Minnesota thing...where some fans cannot come to grips with a player that has moxie. Its probably the conservative lutheran upbringing.. Whatever it is, any player with moxie like Westy or Devoe always catches more sh$t here.

I for one am fine with Devoe being Devoe.

I understand the reasoning, and sometimes it does bother me too; but for the most part I want Devoe shooting as much as possible from deep. He has a pure stroke like Blake and when he gets the hot hand he is real tough to stop. Along with the bigs we have down low to rebound..... I'm willing to let Devoe fire away at his discretion most of the time.

Devoe may be struggling now, but he will come around.

I'm convinced its a Minnesota thing...where some fans cannot come to grips with a player that has moxie. Its probably the conservative lutheran upbringing.. Whatever it is, any player with moxie like Westy or Devoe always catches more sh$t here.

I for one am fine with Devoe being Devoe.

No reason to get upset. Plays like that cost us the game against UV. I am not saying that Devoe's sots only cost the game. The whole team did that. I saying that poor shot selection did it. That shot by devoe was a poor shot. As I said, I love his style but man watch out if he tries to do too much.

Go Gophers

A fadeaway from Devoe over a defender early in the shot clock should be questioned. On the other hand, Devoe taking a fade away near the end of the shot clock is a reasonable shot. The Gophers have very few players that can win a one on one battle at the end of the shot clock and Devoe is probably the best.

Top Bottom