The officiating

From the Barn

Reaction score
Was down right comical at times.

Calling Ralph for a foul on a clean block and then claiming it was not a shooting foul. Rodney's intentional foul away from the basket was someone I hadn't even hear of.

Hopefully those refs won't be back in the barn any time soon.

Rodney grabbed the guys jersey. That's always going to be an intentional foul. Sampson got him with the body after the shot. He plowed into him.

There was a foul called on Sampson earlier when he was actually backing away from the shooter that was a terrible call. And the jump ball call early in the first half was a mystery to me.

The refs were far from perfect but it wasn't atrocious.

Wouldn't necessarily say atrocious, but it's by far the worst officiating crew of the year thus far.

But hey, on the bright side, we have Ted Valentine & Hightower to look forward to now.

Numerous calls were downright bizarre.

FTB, do you make public appearances ever? Would be fun to chop it up with fellow fans one of these times... it seems this message board is anti-real life for the most part...

Rodney grabbed the guys jersey. That's always going to be an intentional foul. Sampson got him with the body after the shot. He plowed into him.

There was a foul called on Sampson earlier when he was actually backing away from the shooter that was a terrible call. And the jump ball call early in the first half was a mystery to me.

The refs were far from perfect but it wasn't atrocious.

They called the Sampson foul on the ground not in the act of shooting.

Agreed, I was at the game, so far this season I haven't had much of a problem with the refs, but tonight I thought they were pretty inconsistent which is always frustrating. Wasn't the worst job I have ever seen, but still not great. The worst call of the night was when they called a jump ball after Ralph got the rebound under the basket, even the SDSU player knew he fouled him.

Was down right comical at times.

Calling Ralph for a foul on a clean block and then claiming it was not a shooting foul. Rodney's intentional foul away from the basket was someone I hadn't even hear of.

Hopefully those refs won't be back in the barn any time soon.

What do you expect? It's classic Mike Sanzere.

Numerous calls were downright bizarre.

FTB, do you make public appearances ever? Would be fun to chop it up with fellow fans one of these times... it seems this message board is anti-real life for the most part...

I need to retake a few grammar classes, then I'll consider it.

I hate to say it because I have beefs with them too, but I can't wait for Big Ten officials who will let us play our physical style.

ftb

I need to retake a few grammar classes, then I'll consider it.

FTB,

I have met GW face to face and he was most agreeable and though often may have had cause to wonder at my verbal skills, he never corrected me once!

:)

What do you expect? It's classic Mike Sanzere.

And the sad fact of the matter is Sanzere wasn't the worst ref on the floor. That honor clearly goes to Zelton Steed, who is a terrible, terrible official. How he keeps getting assignments in any game involving a major conference is beyond me. When Dan Crisman is the best of the threesome, then you know you're in for a long night. And, we were.

As to Ralph's foul, he didn't plow anybody. That was a clean block. Sanzere missed it. Plain and simple. Steed went on a run in the first half where every time he blew the whistle, he actually got the call wrong.

i did notice sanzere looking at the scoreboard after an sdsu foul to give a foul to the player with the fewest fouls

The officiating was awful. After one of Sanzere's fouls in the second half, Steed came over with an incredulous look on his face and joked with him about it.

Yes, you know you're in trouble when Crisman is the voice of reason out there, which he was. Sanzere was his usual horrendous self. Steed, though, takes bad officiating to the next level. I've seen a great deal in 20+ years of season ticket holding, but the other night even shocked me.

Top Bottom