Mo Injury Status ??? Trevor Sits

Section201

Reaction score
Anyone hear details on Mo's injury? I hope it wasn't anything too serious.

Did you notice Trevor was sitting on the bench after his little jump up and down at a ref call? I guess Tubby was using it as a teaching moment.

I have to wonder who will show up in Madison. The last bunch of games have left me :confused:

Marcus tweeted Mo's injury was " significant " according to Tubby. He'll have an MRI. It looked a bit ugly when it happened.

Did you notice Trevor was sitting on the bench after his little jump up and down at a ref call? I guess Tubby was using it as a teaching moment.

Trevor also had 4 fouls so that may have played a role in his time on the bench.

A tweet from Mbakwe a few minutes ago:

"I can't play to the crowd ne more some1 told me it was a sign of me being selfish and showboating the refs. So its time 4 me 2 b a mute now"

Go Gophers!!

Trevor's got that right. He should not have to work the refs. Let the Barn crowd and coach do that.

I listened to Tubby's interview with Spencer and he said Mo had hyperextended it - and just said he really hoped it wasn't serious...he didn't sound very confident that it wasn't.

Best of luck to Mo - I have been loving him ont he court, and think he's just beginning what can be a great career.

It looked pretty bad. I hope he didn't tear his ACL.

Man this sucks. My 3 favorite teams (Gophers, Packers, Bucks) have had significant injury issues this year and it is starting to really annoy me. Hopefully Mo will be ok, we could have really used him against MSU.

Trevor got some tough calls tonight and that call on Rodney was awful. I'd guess Mo is hurt pretty badly. He's a quiet guy and he yelled pretty damn loud when that happened. That was a pretty awkward fall.

Walker is supposed to have a MRI Monday. He will go home for the holidays.

Chris Monter

Regarding Trevor...

Yeah, he needs to be careful. There was that call where he looked as if he almost slammed the ball on the floor or wanted to throw it at the ref.

Trevor got some tough calls tonight and that call on Rodney was awful.

Left out the worst one in my opinion, that block when Sampson pinned the ball on the backboard and did NOT even come close to touching the guy who shot it.

My observation during the non-conference schedule is that our bigs are getting called for a lot of ticky-tack or non-existent foul because they're bigger than the other guys. Shouldn't happen but it's reality right now. I hope it evens out in the Big Ten schedule when more teams will have guys as big as ours.

EE

I sure hope the injury IS NOT serious. Mo has brought a lot to the floor and I would hate to see anything slow his progress down.

Having to play EE at this point would seem pretty iffy as he has not played. Throwing him in in the Big Ten season would seem pretty harsh.

Here is hoping Mo is good.

Walker is supposed to have a MRI Monday. He will go home for the holidays.

Chris Monter

I would think that flying would be a bad idea with the possiblity of more swelling.

He'll probably just drive something from the Athletic Department's student athlete Winnebago car pool.

Trevor

Trevor definitely needs to be careful. He should have been T'd up for his actions last night. He's very lucky Zelton Steed decided to let it go. ... a T would have been his 5th foul.

Trevor is floating on the edge quite a bit with the way he reacts to something he doesn't like. The officials won't put up with that stuff much longer, nor should they. He's going to get burned pretty soon if he can't control his emotions.

Yeah, That Was a Horrible Call

Left out the worst one in my opinion, that block when Sampson pinned the ball on the backboard and did NOT even come close to touching the guy who shot it.

You are right. That was a terrible call.

I hope he is not hurt badly as well, trusting a knee after surgery when you are that big would be a challenge. As far as the pain goes, hyperextensions can hurt a lot, but normally they have a good idea if the ACL is gone just by testing the knee's reaction to a couple of tests a doctor can do on an exam table. They won't know for sure, but they probably have a good idea.
I'm no expert, but I have had enough knee work done to see that much.

I know injuries are part of the game, but this sucks. The SDSU game will likely be the only game in two full seasons where we played with a full roster. It's really hard not to feel cursed sometimes.

I know injuries are part of the game, but this sucks. The SDSU game will likely be the only game in two full seasons where we played with a full roster. It's really hard not to feel cursed sometimes.

At the end of last year I was thinking about this. Last year we had 4,578 off court issues but we had very very few injuries. Hope it doesn't turn into a year of many injuries. Our boys have not played well since Puerto Rico.

Areas of concern:
Free throws
Perimeter defense
Perimeter scoring

Go Gophers.

Trevor definitely needs to be careful. He should have been T'd up for his actions last night. He's very lucky Zelton Steed decided to let it go. ... a T would have been his 5th foul.

Trevor is floating on the edge quite a bit with the way he reacts to something he doesn't like. The officials won't put up with that stuff much longer, nor should they. He's going to get burned pretty soon if he can't control his emotions.

You're right. Steed tends to have a quick trigger for T's. Back in 2003 he rang up Moe Hargrow for a T at Northwestern for far less than what Mbakwe did the other night. Basically the T on Moe was for slapping his hands together as he was going back on D after he made a layup in which Moe thought an "And 1" should have been called.

Top Bottom