Moved up in the ESPN power rankings

sidefx182

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/powerrankings

I just have to throw this out there. It makes me laugh at the people on this board that think we are a bad team. If we were sitting at 11-0 right now, would we still be talking about this team being better than the 97' team, or still about how bad we are?

Man, that UVA game really is thick in some of your minds.

Thanks.

I really don't think anyone on this board thinks we are "bad"...to me, it seems that our expectations are higher this year than merely "making" the dance and competing for 6th place in the Big ten...so if it seems that we are harder on these guys this year it is because we are expecting a top 4 finish and a sweet 16 run...and if we don't solve some of the issues: 3 pt defense, free throw shooting, turn overs....we will fall very short.

I look forward to seeing how this season plays out...could be elite 8...could be out in the first round again...we shall see. Either way...I will enjoy the ride!

Our defense may have been bad against Virginia, but them shooting almost 77% from 3 is an anomaly regardless. They were 2-19 from 3 against Seattle. If anyone thought we would be undefeated this season...well I don't even know what to say about that. We aren't at Duke's level and even they lost last year to an NC State team that was 5-11 in the ACC. I imagine Virginia will have a similar ACC record to that this year. The Gophers have things to work on, of course. We haven't been blowing teams out, but I'd rather win those games than lose to say UIC.

Yeah, I understand that. I mean, I want to see Sweet 16 or Bust! That is the sign I'm holding right now when it comes to these guys. I understand we need to get better at defending the 3, but you give and take a little there. Teams can't go inside on is, simple as that. I believe someone said we have the best defense against the 2pt shot in the Big Ten and I believe it. I would much rather take my chances of having a team boom away from 3, than giving them easy lay ups. Heck, when teams shoot 25+ 3's a game, they are bound to hit about 8. It has only cost us one game, and that was with Nolen out and Devoe back fresh in the mix.

I think we will be just fine.

I have nothing to say about FT shooting. That is all practice.

Top Bottom