ESPN3 again tonight?

Blizzard

Reaction score
I didn't see the game listed anywhere tonight. Are we on ESPN3?

What a fn joke, what the big ten network have on? Women's bball?

or indiana or nw-their two favorite teams

I'll be watching via Xbox again, I do love being able to see it on my TV vs. my computer screen.

I'll be watching via Xbox again, I do love being able to see it on my TV vs. my computer screen.

How's the picture quality? Better than BTN streams? Which IMO is barely watchable.

I hope one of those Channelsurfing links works. I've yet to be able to find a link when a game is on ESPN3.

How's the picture quality? Better than BTN streams? Which IMO is barely watchable.

Pretty damn good. The last time we were on ESPN3 and I watched through my Xbox is looked pretty similar to non-HD tv quality, which is lightyears ahead of straight internet streaming quality.

Of course, the speed of your connection greatly affects the video quality, but my picture has been pretty smooth that I don't mind using it for games like tonight's.

I'd say it's pretty amazing. It's a small notch below actually getting it in HD via a regular channel, but it's clearly better than watching it on standard def 10 years ago. Obviously you need to have somewhat of a fast connection speed to get the highest quality stream, but it's easily the best stream I've seen. Not to mention the ability with the XBOX to pause and rewind or start late and skip the commercials. It's like having a tivo for espn and instead of having to decide what to record, it just records everything on every espn channel.

Thanks guys... XBOX is really a versatile source. Station 19 gave me another option through AT&T ... Set with that for tonight to get ESPN3... Fingers crossed.

Do you guys rememeber when we had Midwest Sports Channel? Man we saw every Gopher game, even the exhibition ones. How the hell is it that B10 network can manage to get an exhibition game on tape delayed but can't bother to cover games that count? I'd rather tape it at midnight and watch it in the morning that have to support any ESPN venture.

Do you guys rememeber when we had Midwest Sports Channel? Man we saw every Gopher game, even the exhibition ones. How the hell is it that B10 network can manage to get an exhibition game on tape delayed but can't bother to cover games that count? I'd rather tape it at midnight and watch it in the morning that have to support any ESPN venture.

You are correct sir - Years ago Midwest Sports Channel gave us more coverage than the vaunted BTN/combo platter with ESPN... but ... according to the marketing arm of the BTN/ESPN we are much better off today.. BS..

MSC was great, just about every Twins game, every Gopher basketball and hockey game, all in one place. Those were the days.

I will be watching on the xbox as well. Luv the xbox... Good quality for these ESPN3 games.

When ESPN360 switched to ESPN3 it was actually a downgrade for a while. I think they finally figured it out. The picture was great tonight. Ethernet always helps too.

TV

It looks like the rest of the games are on ESPN or ESPN2, big ten channel or CBS. Now we will be able to watch and only have the bias comentators to complain about.:D Hopefully the will play wel enought that we will want to watch them. The outside shooting D is a major concern. FT shooting is also going to cost them a few games.

Top Bottom