Argus Leader: Surging Wolters to show off his game at Minnesota tonight

Al/Mav/Austin will eat him up to the extent he will look like he forgot to put on his jock the right side forward.

GO GOPHERS!!!

Nate would start for the Gophers. He is a better pg than we have on our team. The Gophers missed out on a good pg. He actually runs an offense. He is smart, a good shooter and distribures much better than any pg on our team. Wish we had him.

Nate went to my high school and is one of the smartest players I have ever watched/played with. He is not as athletic as a lot of the guards in the B10 and other power conferences but he can shoot from anywhere, create his own shot and is very smart with the ball. I think the Gophers will roll over SDSU, but Wolters is not going to be over-matched

Al/Mav/Austin will eat him up to the extent he will look like he forgot to put on his jock the right side forward.

GO GOPHERS!!!

Just one guys opinion, but I think Wolters got the better of the Gophs...

I'll take 7 turnovers when he played 40 minutes, had 16 points, 11 assists and 4 rebounds...especially when his team doesnt do much to help him. Granted, I think Hoffarbers 4pts were really impressive. Remember the time he almost created his own shot? I don't, but you might.

I'll take 7 turnovers when he played 40 minutes, had 16 points, 11 assists and 4 rebounds...especially when his team doesnt do much to help him. Granted, I think Hoffarbers 4pts were really impressive. Remember the time he almost created his own shot? I don't, but you might.
I liked Wolters a lot and he gave the U some good challenges. I also liked the article, and in comparing, I'd say someone is good with where he is (namely Wolters) and someone is not. So to make you feel better about all this khoffman, feel free to give to give him a "W" and Hoffarber a "L".

Every guard on the Gophers would surpass his production if given the opportunity. There's a reason that no real school wanted him. He's a nice small school player, but not someone to even debate about when it comes to high D1 talent. That being said, he had a really nice game against us and I wish him the best.

Every guard on the Gophers would surpass his production if given the opportunity. There's a reason that no real school wanted him. He's a nice small school player, but not someone to even debate about when it comes to high D1 talent. That being said, he had a really nice game against us and I wish him the best.

Walters is a very nice player. He had an awesone Sr. year and some could argrue that he should've bee Mr. Basketball in '09. Not sayin he should've but I would've given it to him before Royce White!

With that saying Walters would be in the rotation if he was a Gopher. Just because he only recieved smaller D1 looks doesn't mean a thing. Remember before the Gophers offered Mav, Boise St. was his best offer. Not much of a difference bestween SDSU and Boise St. Also don't think if the roles were reversed not too many Gophers could've had Walters' state-line (including the 7 turnovers). But just because he plays for SDSU doesn't mean he isn't legit, because he is.

Al does everything better than Wolters other than shoot. Al's dominance didnt show up in the stat line but we all witnessed it.

Al does everything better than Wolters other than shoot. Al's dominance didnt show up in the stat line but we all witnessed it.

Were we watching the same game? Al looked really good for the last 5 minutes, I dont think that constitutes dominance.

Really? You were that impressed with 7 turnovers and 6/15 shooting? That a lot of usage.

Nobody is saying Hoffarber had a great game. Wolters didn't either though. I'd like to have Wolters on the team but he's certainly not better than Nolen just because he's scored a lot of points against terrible competition as a volume shooter.

2 of those TO's were in the last 3 minutes... when the gophers extented their pressure.. wolters played all 40 minutes and was worn down by then.. so just 5 TO's in 35 minutes is not bad.

wolters: can: shoot, handle, dish, create own shot. cant: D
al: can: handle, D. cant: shoot, dish, create own shot.
hoff: can: shoot, dish cant: handle, create own shot, D

tools wise it looks like wolters. but Al plays D at elite level and HOff shoots at elite level... not sure if wolters has any tool that is 'elite'.

2 of those TO's were in the last 3 minutes... when the gophers extented their pressure.. wolters played all 40 minutes and was worn down by then.. so just 5 TO's in 35 minutes is not bad.

tools wise it looks like wolters. but Al plays D at elite level and HOff shoots at elite level... not sure if wolters has any tool that is 'elite'.

I'll agree that Wolters does nothing at an elite level, thats a great take. I will say that Al can create his own shot and dish. I think Al is a good player who struggles to shoot.

Wolters would never be a star for the Gophers, but he would contribute for 3 years and make them a better overall team. I would love to see him transfer to a more reputable conference and see how he fares playing better competition 20+ times a year.

Do the last 3 minutes not matter? Regardless of when they happened, he still had 7 turnovers and shot a very low percentage. What do you honestly think his numbers would look like if he played in the BT? I'll take Nolen over him any day.

You can't boil players down to a few tools. I also noticed that you left out some Gopher "tools" that those players do as well as almost anyone in the conference. I consider handles and driving ability separate. Nolen can drive by his man at a pretty elite level. I wouldn't say he can't dish or create his own shot. The problem is more making his shot than creating it. I also think he's decent as dishing and is a pretty good passer.

I'm surprised you said dish for Hoffarber under "can". I think you probably just mean passing in general because he isn't exactly driving by anyone and dishing the ball. He isn't going to drive by anyone but I wouldn't say he can't handle the ball for his position. How often do you see someone pick his pocket because of weak handles?

Top Bottom